Boilermate 2000

They are very reliable. There are enough of them about so the odd breakdown is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong i like em but there seems to be an issue with the pcb's.

They set on fire, gledhill technical have said a seized ch pump can cause this :eek:

Did Gledhill tell you that? The pcbs are one of the most reliable of any store/boiler. I heard that Gledhill had a batch of faulty pcbs and went around and changed the lot - good company to do that.

I don't know if this seized pump problem is on all pcbs or just the faulty batch. If it can happen to the CH pump, will it happen to the other two pumps as well? If it is a general problem to all pcbs, only on the CH pump circuit, then a small cheap relay will solve that. The pcb energise only the relay coil and the relay switches in the pump.

They did tell me that.

I have had 3 all on the same estate.

Near the bottom right of the pcb there is 4 little black square components (i don't know what they are, they look like little spiders :LOL:)

All the ones i have seen have been burnt in the same area. When i say burnt i mean a 1" diameter whole burnt right through it.

The new pcb's look to have been modified in that area.

Sponsored Links
They are very reliable. There are enough of them about so the odd breakdown is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong i like em but there seems to be an issue with the pcb's.

They set on fire, gledhill technical have said a seized ch pump can cause this :eek:

Did Gledhill tell you that? The pcbs are one of the most reliable of any store/boiler. I heard that Gledhill had a batch of faulty pcbs and went around and changed the lot - good company to do that.

I don't know if this seized pump problem is on all pcbs or just the faulty batch. If it can happen to the CH pump, will it happen to the other two pumps as well? If it is a general problem to all pcbs, only on the CH pump circuit, then a small cheap relay will solve that. The pcb energise only the relay coil and the relay switches in the pump.

They did tell me that.

I have had 3 all on the same estate.

Near the bottom right of the pcb there is 4 little black square components (i don't know what they are, they look like little spiders :LOL:)

All the ones i have seen have been burnt in the same area. When i say burnt i mean a 1" diameter whole burnt right through it.

The new pcb's look to have been modified in that area.

So, not a problem any more. In older Boiermates, it may be worth installing a cheap relay between the pcb and pump and have the current for the pump not taken from the pcb.

I can help you out BB. There was this bloke on this forum who was baffled by a thermal store in that he recommended boilers that he thought contained them. Turns out he'd got them confused with unvented cylinders.

As you say an educated man not knowing his job. Probably doesn't know how to change bathrooms either.

No excuse for it at all.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back