Boilermate 2000

Sponsored Links
Get your man to check the CH pump and the voltage to the CH pump. If its anything lower than mains voltage check that the appropriate light is coming on at the PCB.
If light is on and voltage is low then the tiny octocoupler chip [square thing], slightly lower and just to the right of the LED is the most likely cause of your fault.

I could be right or wrong with that but seeing as I have come across it 5 times on the systemate 2000 which I believe uses the same pcb I reckon its worth checking out. Obviously the CH controls need checking out first but when it gets sticky thats the next place to look.

It does work when it is switched to emergency heating.
Can I try and translate that and say that you get hot water without any problems? I think you may be getting confused with an immersion heater which is something you won't have.

Edit:-
Any sensor faults can be checked out using the 2 buttons near the top of the pcb and following the diagram thats usually on the back of the boiler door.

Sponsored Links
Get your man to check the CH pump and the voltage to the CH pump. If its anything lower than mains voltage check that the appropriate light is coming on at the PCB.
If light is on and voltage is low then the tiny octocoupler chip [square thing], slightly lower and just to the right of the LED is the most likely cause of your fault.

Interesting. Is that available as a separate item or does the whole pcb need changing? I believe the pcb's on Gledhill's are very reliable. Is that so?

OK seco, I understand now. What you meant was:

"Don't be ridiculous, Agile, you don't need to be an RGI to work on a Gledhill Boilermate 2000!".

Yes, we all know that, but thats not what I wanted to say at all!

I was telling her that she needs a competent CORGI whom she can trust ( so that he can work on the Boiler Mate AND her gas appliances like the boiler in particular ).

In any case the Boilermate is seen as a rather special arrangement and few non CORGIs will have had much experience of them. Even some CORGIs prefer to stay clear of them.

Tony

In any case the Boilermate is seen as a rather special arrangement and few non CORGIs will have had much experience of them. Even some CORGIs prefer to stay clear of them.

Tony

If you can fix a boiler, you can fix a BoilerMate. :)

About as reliable as an Ideal.
I can't agree with that generalisation, Simon.

Whilst all Ideal PCBs are about as reliable as a feral cat is affectionate, the Pulsacoil 2000 PCB seems to be unbreakable, A Class also, Boilermate 2000 have given me very few problems; however B/mate II PCBs are not so trustworthy.

I agree that no more skill is needed to fix a Boilermate than a storage combi but it seems to be the fear of the unknown.

A friend of mine ( who also posts on here ) does warranty repairs for about four different manufacturers , as far as I know very compentently. But he is still frightened of going out to repair Worcesters! He wants to come out to a few with me!

Tony

Two pages on, I am left wondering if the question raised by OP has been answered.

While I am familiar with Boilermate brandname, 2000 does not ring a bell. A boilermate (I normally work on) would have a pump between the gas boiler and the cylinder to heat water in the cylinder (this gives you hot water at the tap). Pump between the cylinder and the rads runs to heat the house. So, if no heat, check this pump. If no hot water, then check pump between cylinder and boiler. Or even, boiler may have a defect on it.

Two pages on, I am left wondering if the question raised by OP has been answered.

While I am familiar with Boilermate brandname, 2000 does not ring a bell. A boilermate (I normally work on) would have a pump between the gas boiler and the cylinder to heat water in the cylinder (this gives you hot water at the tap). Pump between the cylinder and the rads runs to heat the house. So, if no heat, check this pump. If no hot water, then check pump between cylinder and boiler. Or even, boiler may have a defect on it.

The Boilermate 2000..
http://www.gledhill.net/pdfmanuals/2000 Range/BM2000-Iss9.pdf

I'm wondering if you're reading the same topic as me, 'cos I can see loads of answers.

While I am familiar with Boilermate brandname, 2000 does not ring a bell.
:idea:

A boilermate (I normally work on) would have a pump between the gas boiler and the cylinder to heat water in the cylinder (this gives you hot water at the tap).
Not quite - there is a secondary circuit.

Pump between the cylinder and the rads runs to heat the house. So, if no heat, check this pump.
That has already been proposed.

If no hot water...
Nope - you're definitely not reading the same topic.

...then check pump between cylinder and boiler. Or even, boiler may have a defect on it.
Hmm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back