Boilermate 2000

They are very reliable. There are enough of them about so the odd breakdown is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong i like em but there seems to be an issue with the pcb's.

They set on fire, gledhill technical have said a seized ch pump can cause this :eek:

Sponsored Links
Descaling is easier.

Those benefits are significant, IMHO.
That isn't what I wrote.

This is what I actually said:
Descaling is easier.
Diagnosis is easier.
The 2000 is more reliable.

I agree that descaling is a little easier
I don't care whether or not you agree; it's a fact that it's easier.

...and can be done off site is a spare is available.
WTF are you talking about? Spares are always available - you just fit a new HEX - problem solved.

However, the MI specify a boiler flow temperature of 82°C which is of course so high its why the scaling occurs ( with a vengeance in some areas! ).
No they don't.

Agile said:
...which is of course so high its why the scaling occurs ( with a vengeance in some areas! ).
Absolute nonsense. The scaling habitually occurs on the secondary side, where the exit temperature is nowhere near as high as you're suggesting.

...the MI for that model are still written for a boiler flow of 82°C.
No it isn't.

At that temperature the likelyhood of scaling is very high
No it isn't.

...and many on here have described their thoughts when called to descale them so regularly.
Please give the user name of just one of those "many" forum members.

Sponsored Links
The boilermate DHW coil is notorious for scaling, and descaling won't take as long as you're spending wondering about what to do about it.

Well you for a start but you were talking about the coil!

Tony

They should know their jobs.

They should indeed but if they don't attend calls to thermal stores then they don't need to know anything about them.

It is not about knowing the finer points about a particular product, it is that they don't even know the basics of how a basic coiled or plate heat X heat bank or thermal store works. They are baffled.

Simple products like the coiled Gledhill Torrent and the plate heat X Range FlowMax, any qualified plumber should be able to figure out and trouble shoot. I am not on about the pick-it-up bathroom changing so-called plumbers, I am on about educated and qualified men. I have known many of these walk away from thermal stores baffled.

They are very reliable. There are enough of them about so the odd breakdown is inevitable.

Don't get me wrong i like em but there seems to be an issue with the pcb's.

They set on fire, gledhill technical have said a seized ch pump can cause this :eek:

Did Gledhill tell you that? The pcbs are one of the most reliable of any store/boiler. I heard that Gledhill had a batch of faulty pcbs and went around and changed the lot - good company to do that.

I don't know if this seized pump problem is on all pcbs or just the faulty batch. If it can happen to the CH pump, will it happen to the other two pumps as well? If it is a general problem to all pcbs, only on the CH pump circuit, then a small cheap relay will solve that. The pcb energise only the relay coil and the relay switches in the pump.

Descaling is easier.

That isn't what I wrote.

This is what I actually said:
Descaling is easier.
Diagnosis is easier.
The 2000 is more reliable.

I agree that descaling is a little easier
I don't care whether or not you agree; it's a fact that it's easier.

...and can be done off site is a spare is available.
WTF are you talking about? Spares are always available - you just fit a new HEX - problem solved.

However, the MI specify a boiler flow temperature of 82°C which is of course so high its why the scaling occurs ( with a vengeance in some areas! ).
No they don't.

Agile said:
...which is of course so high its why the scaling occurs ( with a vengeance in some areas! ).
Absolute nonsense. The scaling habitually occurs on the secondary side, where the exit temperature is nowhere near as high as you're suggesting.

The pcb modulates the pump to give 55C at the tap, which is the outlet temperature of the plate heat X. This modulation preserves the thermal layering in the store.

The boilermate DHW coil is notorious for scaling, and descaling won't take as long as you're spending wondering about what to do about it.
Well you for a start but you were talking about the coil!
You seem to have trouble staying focussed on the topic in hand.

The comment of mine that you've quoted (from 2006) was about a Boilermate (or perhaps a Boilermate II), not a Boilermate 2000, i.e. with a coil, not a plate HEX.

This topic is about a Boilermate 2000, which has a plate HEX.

Your comment: "many on here have described their thoughts when called to descale them so regularly." was made in the context of the Boilermate 2000.

So, I ask once again: please give the user name of just one of those "many" forum members. Just one.

I am not on about the pick-it-up bathroom changing so-called plumbers, I am on about educated and qualified men. I have known many of these walk away from thermal stores baffled.

Who are they then? As the criminals you seem to judge them as, perhaps you could name and shame all those educated men you've known who've walked away from thermal stores baffled.

I am not on about the pick-it-up bathroom changing so-called plumbers, I am on about educated and qualified men. I have known many of these walk away from thermal stores baffled.

Who are they then? As the criminals you seem to judge them as, perhaps you could name and shame all those educated men you've known who've walked away from thermal stores baffled.

Are you serious?

Are you serious?

Well name one then.

I can help you out BB. There was this bloke on this forum who was baffled by a thermal store in that he recommended boilers that he thought contained them. Turns out he'd got them confused with unvented cylinders.

As you say an educated man not knowing his job. Probably doesn't know how to change bathrooms either.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back