brake clunk from foot pedal on fiesta

dont rule out the drop links or bushes you have changed recently especially if they are pattern parts. Sometimes they just dont last.

Sponsored Links
droplinks were changed a few months back, i did swop them over today to see if the knock apeared in a differentt area but no luck,

The sound seems to be coming from the middle of the car ( centre of the bulk head )

could this be anti roll bar related ?

i had a bar around the rol bar and droplinks but no sound at all ?

Sponsored Links
I guess you could run the car till hot and then start pushing and pulling on undercarriage parts.

I had a clunky sound on a Mark 3 Fiesta once which turned out to be an engine mounting. To diagnose this get a helper to engage gear with the handbrake on and slowly release clutch while you observe the engine bay. The torque will lift the block off the mounting. An easy fix if so.

How do the dealerships troubleshoot a problem like this? With microphones or piezoelectric devices on the undercarriage?

Give the exhaust a bloody good shake in every direction......its not that bumping off the bodyshell, is it?
John :)

i dont thinks its exhaust

doesnt do it when cold
when warm everytime i hit the brake ( from moving ) its clunks
in reverse its worse

its so wierd

I thought that, but aren't these pads clipped to the inside of the caliper piston? If they aren't then missing shims could cause the same but for the life of me I can't see why this is temperature dependant!
I'm also up for dodgy quality drop links....some I've done only last a year. Hopeless!

There is a possibility that the rear shoes are grabbing the drum and then returning to their stops with a clang......consider driving slowly backwards with someone alongside the rear wheels whilst you brake - and see if the noise comes from that region.

Sponsored Links
Back