Customers cancelling jobs etc

That WAS the case, 1tap, but with the DSR, you effectively HAVE to have a sig4ned contract.

You might be right, but I seem to recall that the DSR have clauses that cover instances where the contractor has to expend time and money within the cooling off period. I'd look it up if it were of interest to me, but it isn't at the mo.

Frankly 1tap, unles you are retired or employed, you should be interested.

Are you on the CC? If so, I will write some further comments there

Sponsored Links
How often do you guys have to deal with customers who cancel jobs on the last minute?

Reason i ask is i was supposed to have started a bathroom job recently but customer has decided to change their mind, after getting me to chose bathroom suit for them, tiles, adhesive etc. This is the 2nd time this has happened recently. its almost as if they are getting me to help them select what they want with no intention of giving me the actual job and getting some polish dude to fit it on the cheap.

Welcome to the cut 'n' thrust of business in Britain today son. Where all the Tradesmen are up to their 'Dirty Tricks' & chancers like your goodself can call yourself a Plumber without doing a proper apprenticeship. I take great delight in undercutting any CC/CCC, Lat, Pole or Handyman just for the sake of it, in fact; I'd lose money on a job just to undercut them, in the vain hope we could win a new customer.
Shape up son or ship out, it's a big boys game, so get over it!!!!..... :LOL: :LOL:

How often do you guys have to deal with customers who cancel jobs on the last minute?

Reason i ask is i was supposed to have started a bathroom job recently but customer has decided to change their mind, after getting me to chose bathroom suit for them, tiles, adhesive etc. This is the 2nd time this has happened recently. its almost as if they are getting me to help them select what they want with no intention of giving me the actual job and getting some polish dude to fit it on the cheap.

Welcome to the cut 'n' thrust of business in Britain today son. Where all the Tradesmen are up to their 'Dirty Tricks' & chancers like your goodself can call yourself a Plumber without doing a proper apprenticeship. I take great delight in undercutting any CC/CCC, Lat, Pole or Handyman just for the sake of it, in fact; I'd lose money on a job just to undercut them, in the vain hope we could win a new customer.
Shape up son or ship out, it's a big boys game, so get over it!!!!..... :LOL: :LOL:

I was prepared to do a "proper" apprentiship but as i had nobody prepared to take me on on a part time basis, i decided to go it alone, and have done ok so far to the point i want to now go for the Gas Safe qualification as i have people in the trade who are prepared to take me on, after 4 years of trying. I wouldnt call myself a handyman though, far from it. I feel my work is to a very high standard and would never do an average job for customers. I take great pride in my work.

Sponsored Links

I was prepared to do a "proper" apprentiship but as i had nobody prepared to take me on on a part time basis, i decided to go it alone, and have done ok so far to the point i want to now go for the Gas Safe qualification as i have people in the trade who are prepared to take me on, after 4 years of trying. I wouldnt call myself a handyman though, far from it. I feel my work is to a very high standard and would never do an average job for customers. I take great pride in my work.

You're a chancer, so you'll be undercut by other chancers. That's poetic justice mate, you stuffed the Bona Fide Plumbers, so you get stuffed by the Sausage Rolls...........Never laughed so much since the wife died!!............... :LOL: :LOL:

I find it particularly worrying that Delta actually had a wife. ;)

Anyone got any tips on how to get tea out of a laptop keyboard? I'd just taken a swig as I read Deltas post...... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back