DHW flow switch needed for Potterton Lynx 2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anybody know where I can get a new Potterton 222131 DHW flow switch. The flow switch on my Lynx 2 has become intermittent.
Before anybody says it, yes I know I should put the whole boiler in a skip.
Actually it will end up in a skip in the summer when I have an extension done, I just need it to limp along until then.
Everywhere I have looked on the net says it is obsolete, but somebody must have one.

Sponsored Links
I am not sure if I could find it quickly but I think that I have a new one in stock. But I normally reserve obsolete parts for my own customers!

But you would need to discuss that with me off the forum.

Another possibility is fitting a generic one on the DHW inlet pipe below the boiler.

Tony

Hi Tony

Thanks for the reply and the advice about maybe fitting a generic flow switch below the boiler. I had been thinking about how to fit an alternative switch inside the boiler but it hadn't occurred to me to just fit it below. I've had a quick search and haven't found anything suitable yet, so if you could point me in the direction of one I'd be grateful.

I still might pursue actually fitting the correct 222131 flow switch so will contact you outside the forum to see if you have one available and are willing to sell.

Thanks
Paul

Fitted a generic flow switch in cold feed below boiler and now working AOK.

Sponsored Links
I still maintain a few Lynx II boilers which is why I keep the spare flow switch.

Not been to an original Lynx for quite a while though.

That is a pity because I have several new motherboards!

Tony

Hi there, I am having the same problem. Could you let me know what generic switch you used and if all is still working hunky dory.

Also, i'll PM Tony to discuss the possibility of a baxi switch.

Thanks guys, This thread has helped.

Daryl

Last edited:
Tony - I thought the green scaly monster was you.

Who's the guy in the white T-shirt?

Hi Daryl I used a
WORCESTER 24i RSF FLOW SWITCH 87161209710
which I got off Ebay. They are currently about £30. I think the one I got was used (but nearly new) and cost £15.
I then had to go a plumbers merchants to get the correct couplings to plumb the switch onto a 15mm pipe. I think that was about another £5.
Also had to cut electrical connectors off and solder on the ones from the original switch and extend the wire to reach down to the new switch position.
In total it took about an hour to fit and has worked flawlessly ever since.

Regards

Paul

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Hi Paul,

Thanks for the reply, if I need a work around, I think that might just do the trick

Daryl

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back