Fair quote for changing a few rads if I'm the one supplying?

but I sense you don't want to hear the answer.
Is that why i asked the question then? Because i want the thread to get 0 replies? No. Of course i want the answer.

But if you want to know what i don't want - it's people getting seemingly arsey just because someone asked a question.

I don't know if it's a fair price or not so shoot me. That's why i'm here, to ask people in the know. I don't know how many times i need to say it but if it's fair it's fair & we accept it, but if it's widely received that it's a bit much then it's a bit much & we don't.

At no point have i come in saying this guy is taking the jimmy riddle & charging a stack. I simply ASKED if it was fair.

But people want to get all funny about it for some reason. God knows what that reason is.

Someone didn't know the answer. Well sue me.

We have no idea of access, parking, the state of your property, or any other consideration.
Then ask me questions if it helps you in answering my question.

I don't know what more information you need but i'd be happy to answer if it'd help you in helping me. I thought that'd be obvious?

Totally agree with your amusement Dan. Too steep my arze!! Have you any idea the overheads of a standard one-man-band Plumbing business? No, so you can't judge their day rate.
I think you'll find the answer is....

No....so that's why i'm here asking if it's fair or not!!!

How much would you charge?

Is £200 expensive when you consider fuel, insurance, public liability insurance, training, cost of tools, tax, mortgage, feeding and clothing kids?

In my opinion £200 is far too cheap.

But if it still sounds expensive then you could always try to do it yourself.
^^ Another one who seems to get upset when someone just asks a simple question.

Any more?

As a rough guide to you, I'm from ooop North although other side of the country to you but if you were to have rang me and explained that job to me then I would charge you a fixed day rate without seeing the job.

I would definitely be done within the day and would like to be done within about 5 hours but I would still charge a day as my day will have been used up.

I understand that you are supplying the 3 x radiators, 3 x TRV and 3 x L/S valves. These would be fitted without any warranty whatsoever as you have supplied and should there be any parts missing/faulty or incorrect then additional time would be charged at an hourly rate to return to complete should that be needed. Is there a reason you want to assume this responsibility?

I charge £300 per day and £60 p/h should it be needed and would also charge you an additional £17.49 for X100 inhibitor as you haven't mentioned supplying that.

All of the above would be subject to your drain off points being in working order, the cold feed to system is in working order and is not blocked and the heating system being fully functional on arrival Should there be any issues with these then additional parts will be charged to rectify unless you wish to supply. If waiting for you to get parts then, should the day run over 8 hours, then the hourly rate would be incurred.

............and the rest..........

Hallelujah!!! Thank you for the reply without attitude. Much appreciated!!!

Right, question has been answered. Thank you.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
I know it'll be asked - "why don't you get the first guy out" .... we tried & he was supposed to be coming but he never did. Tried getting in touch but he's not returned the contact so i don't know if he's fallen ill or whatever

more like he's probably gone out of business because his pricing structure was unsustainable.

or he has seen sense and realised his pricing structure is unsustainable but knowing that you would be expecting his original rate which works out at about £18 an hour has decided he doesn't want to do it.

Fair price is what the pro wants and you are happy to pay

We have no idea of access, parking, the state of your property, or any other consideration.
Then ask me questions if it helps you in answering my question.

I don't know what more information you need but i'd be happy to answer if it'd help you in helping me. I thought that'd be obvious?
Kev, OP: You are right in that you did say that you would pay the quote if we said it was okay. But, after re-reading the thread,I think you had an attitude yourself. It is clear you thought it was too much, and your convoluted reasoning is, frankly, annoying.

I could ask a million questions, but it does not replicate being there. He may have given that quote 'cos you seemed a nice guy, or because he thought you were a PITA. On the face of it, I think it could be cheaper, but I haven't seen the job, and I will never criticise someones price unless it is outrageous. I am not the fastest fitter in town, bit it seems a half day tops. Quick guys fit a system in day (!) Grow up, get more quotes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back