Flue gas analyser cailbration.

To use an FGA the operator should know what the readings mean , anyone using an FGA has to be familiair with,

CO2max
Calculating excess air from 02 measured.
Calculating CO ppm against CO2% (ratio)

This is the difference between looking @ the figures against knowing what they actually mean.

Thank you for your response but that's not really the answer I need.

Is it against the law to use one if your not gas safe registered?

Sponsored Links

Not against any regulation to use a FGA on any appliance , my 10 year old daughter was helping me one time carry out a combustion check although pointless as she hadn't a clue what to look for. :D

Again pointless using a FGA if the instument hasn't been issued with a calibration certificate.

Not against any regulation to use a FGA on any appliance , my 10 year old daughter was helping me one time carry out a combustion check although pointless as she hadn't a clue what to look for. :D

Again pointless using a FGA if the instument hasn't been issued with a calibration certificate.

Thanks

Anyone can use an FGA if the sampling point is the flue terminal.

But only an RGI should remove the front cover of the boiler or open the flue sampling points on the flue elbow ( if any ).

Tony

Sponsored Links

But only an RGI should remove the front cover of the boiler or open the flue sampling points on the flue elbow ( if any ).

Tony

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back