Gas leak

ollski said:
newcomers said:
ollski said:
You isolate all appliances one at a time to ensure they are not the leak, if you isolate all the appliances and it still leaks then you cut the pipework and cap it to find the leaking section. If I were you though I would ring transco and let them sniff out the leak and then go round and repair it.

Like I said, at the time I couldnt isolate the gad fire beacuse the cap wouldnt come off of the elbow and the hob's supply was all boarded in.

Pull off all the boarding and get some grips on the restrictor elbow cap.....and ring transco while you nip off for brekkie.

Cool, thanks a lot

Will let you know how I get on

Sponsored Links
don' even think about it son and if i want to i can ;)

read some other post's

there are some bleeding clever lads on this forum if you pack it in and listen

failling thea join ARGI as a trainee ;)

corgiman said:
newcomers said:
kevplumb said:
methinks somebody is taking the

Methinks somebody is a

be very very carefull who u insult on this here web doo darr you never know who you are talking to and when you may need em

;)

Just because I am new to the trade, doesnt mean people should mock you because you dont know as much as them.

If they have nothing useful to say, then they shouldnt say anything. I am new to the trade and am looking to learn as much as I can. I'm very determined and thats why I come on here a lot. Im conscious about the things I do and always try to do my best, but sometimes need help

I wish people would just give us newbies a break and try and help us

then shut up and listen to the boys that have been there son they will learn you a damn sight more than any college will

just learn to show some respect thats how we got there :idea:

Sponsored Links
why should we help you, and we do

I remeber when I first started I was "mocked" daily untill I had earned their respect, but I never expected it as a right as most "fast Trackers" seem to beleive

The is a lad on this site called bster who has been asking questions for a while and because of the questions and the respect he showed to chaps who have been doing the job he has juist begun for years he is now respected and well liked

try taking a leaf out of his book

Out of interest why do FT's demand our respect and help. are we meant to be impressed that you had a few bob to spend on getting into the the job??

kevplumb said:
then shut up and listen to the boys that have been there son they will learn you a damn sight more than any college will

just learn to show some respect thats how we got there :idea:

I do listen, I listen a lot. I listen to people older than me, and people younger than me. Im always ringing manufacturers for advice and also my old college lecturers

However, I wont show respect to people that try to make me look like a prick, and think that because they have 100 years experience in the trade, they can judge and take the **** out of people who arent quite experienced.

I have no time for that type of person, and will never show that type of person any respect

Crystal?

corgiman said:
why should we help you, and we do

I remeber when I first started I was "mocked" daily untill I had earned their respect, but I never expected it as a right as most "fast Trackers" seem to beleive

The is a lad on this site called bster who has been asking questions for a while and because of the questions and the respect he showed to chaps who have been doing the job he has juist begun for years he is now respected and well liked

try taking a leaf out of his book

Out of interest why do FT's demand our respect and help. are we meant to be impressed that you had a few bob to spend on getting into the the job??

I dont demand anyting, but just because I dont demand respect doesnt give anyone the right to take the **** does it? There is a difference

MOD 2

calm it down or i will take the lot out

We just can't believe they don't teach students how to find leaks - since its one of the fundamental aspects of being an RGI.

Head for the hob - most leaks are on the connection - if your lucky it will have an isloating valve. If you can't shift the restrictor elbow cap with a screwdriver carefully use pump pliers around the edge (whilst holding the elbow body with your second pair of pump pliers). While your ordeing from BES get all the different types of restrictor elbow cap seals - you'll be surprised how many are missing.

I use a TPI720 gas leak detector (about £120) - never fails to find a leak.

to the mod

I apologise and to new comer I also apologise too

sure you'll be fine

Gasguru said:
We just can't believe they don't teach students how to find leaks - since its one of the fundamental aspects of being an RGI.

Head for the hob - most leaks are on the connection - if your lucky it will have an isloating valve. If you can't shift the restrictor elbow cap with a screwdriver carefully use pump pliers around the edge (whilst holding the elbow body with your second pair of pump pliers). While your ordeing from BES get all the different types of restrictor elbow cap seals - you'll be surprised how many are missing.

I use a TPI720 gas leak detector (about £120) - never fails to find a leak.

Cool, will see where I can get one of those from

Thanks matey

A leak that big you can smell with your bloody nose.

Methinks the newby's kit wants a tightness test.

Newcomer, just to set my mind at rest could you email me your CORGI number so that I can feel comfortable about safely giving you technical advice.

My email is in my profile!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back