Isolating at the Gas Restrictor elbow

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All
We have just had our chimney swept and I am about to have the current fireplace removed - it is a gas fire and is fed by a 9mm stainless pipe which can be run back to a restrictor elbow. which is well away from the new open fireplace.
The 2 Questions are - can I isolate the gas just from this restrictor elbow or will this need to be capped off permanently – can this be done by a competent diyer or does it need to be done by a GSE –

Sponsored Links
any work done on a gas appliance or pipework has to be done by a Gas Safe registered engineer

not if you are competent

if your gonna start quoting chapter and verse get it right

if you are competent and not working for gain you can do it

the fact the op needs to ask suggests he ain't

get it capped off

and if it is not acessible you can't use compression ;)

maybe i shudnt have bothered doing gas training and all the exams if being able to put up some shelves at home and changing a light over makes me competant to do gas work

Sponsored Links
mabye i shouldn't have bothered doing the ACOP1- 5+15+16 as well as the ACS

bother what you like

but don't be dishing out duff advice :idea:

Dunno, dont care.
The public shouldnt be told they can do stuff in their own home blah blah.

Anyway - Back to the question. Will a closed restrictor valve suffice for sealing off the gas to the fire?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back