good one parts center.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
had a fella call me the other day telling me his pilot wont stay lit.i told him its probably your thermocouple , i will call round tomorrow and have a look. No , he says , i will sort it. Tomorrow comes and he calls me back saying parts center wont sell him the thermocouple , can you sort it. No , i say , im too busy now. :LOL: :evil:

Sponsored Links
top marks to HRPC, hopefuly the rest wil follow soon, about time they took control of gas related sales.

LOL Nice one... Though I do wonder if the decision that Parts center has made is based on gas safety or the cost of their staff taking parts back that have a go joe bought thinking that he could guess the fault.

I dont even suggest what the fault could be over the phone anymore, all I say is that the problem doesn't sound too expensive, or if it does sound expensive, I suggest that It would be best that I see the boiler asap

Partscentre (wolsley group) makes me laugh you cant buy a t/couple but turn round walk six feet to plumbcentre counter and you can buy the t/couple or a whole boiler or any materials to fit any appliance and even gas carrying parts because they have a different pricing structure.
Pile of shi#e paying lip service to corgi.
What would you say fitz if you went to buy a bit for your car or a simple light switch and they asked you to prove you where a qualified mechanic or spark otherwise you cant have it

Sponsored Links
The arguement from an RGi's is,
Our work/proffession which is the service/repair/installation/maintenence and any thing gas related is goverened by an act of parliment and if we get it wrong are criminally responsible. Why shouldn't the sale of anything related also be encompassed within the same act.

But cars over 3 years old NEED a safety check every 12 months and if the brake pads weren't fitted correctly then it should be picked up and corrected before it is used on the road again.. Having seen the shocking standard of some DIY repairs, then needing to be qualified sounds like a good idea.. However some professionals are a bit lacking too

Went and got a gas valve off them Friday, never asked me for any £ORGI ID. Mind you I had promised myself I would tell them to sod off if they did.

Thomo said DIY gas is not a problem in this Country.

In a face to face with The kennel club Director, Thomo :rolleyes: , I made it quite clear that probably half the people in this Country cannot afford an annual service, and the more rules you add, the dearer it becomes, and more people are added to the fuel poverty list, so the more incidents we get.

He agreed as did the ILG meeting.

Restricting the sale of gas parts will.

Increase dangerous appliance and gas related incidents from fuel poverty owners.

Cause hundreds of deaths from Families who cannot afford to have their boiler repaired.

Create a Black Market for spares.

This Country is on the edge of a full scale slump, money is already tight in some homes where they are heavily in debt

Pile of shi#e paying lip service to corgi.

and PR , it will stop when the share holders lose out .

I rang parts centre (leeds) last week (thought i`d give them ago) . £15 more expensive than my local independant . Asked if they could move a bit on price . Answer : NO .

Won`t be ringing them again unless i`m stuck .

They`d have been better saying CORGI CARD = 30% OFF PARTS at PARST CENTER .

Rather than 5% off Thorntons Chocolates

Arf

Fact is the shareholder will not suffer they will infact make more money and partscentre will look good in the powers that be eyes... I dont know of any parts centre counter that is not in a plunbcentre branch every part is at least 30/40% dearer in plumbcentre as opposed to partscentre prices even for trade so by looking holier than thou they will make more money and half wits at Corgi will hold them up as an example..... Thick as shi#e

Couldn't agree more.

Really pees me off all this political crap to look good :eek: :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back