NOT SURE ABOUT A CONMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
im sorry to bother you all but im a little worried about a gas engineer i called out the evinings paper. the trouble i got is that the pilot light on my boiler wont light. so i rang up this gentleman and he came round and spent about an hour in the kitchen, he came back and told me it was the thermocoule. i ask him can he fix it today and he told me he would be back tomorrow with the part, he told me that todays call would be 45 pounds, with total cost with today and tomorrow with parts and vat it would be 135 pounds is this you think the right charges

Sponsored Links
Check if he is CORGI Registered by calling CORGI or entering his business postcode AND looking for gas central heating engineer, on CORGI website. If he is registered, his name and address will be shown. You might have called a remote operator who then subcontracts work locally. You pay through the nose for repairs. Best to stick with the local engineer. Ask to be shown the CORGI card. Look at the dat, picture and company name. Turn the card round and look for a tick against central heating, if this is your need.

£65.00 callout £4.00 to £18.00 for T/couple £40.00 + vat per hour, work it out for your self.

Emergency call out £75.00 then £55.00 per hour + vat plus materials, work it out for yourself.

Voted in a nice gentleman as prime minister, 16Million from speed cameras just in Notts area petrol companys making millions a minute, extra tax for hospitals but nothing to see for it, CORGI dreaming up money making schemes every five minutes, B&Q overcharging me for goods then spending it on Ellen Mcarthur without asking me for her self glorification, cancer creating chemicals put in my food, I ASK YOU AM I GETTING CONNED, either pay up, get someone else, live in the cold, or shut up whingeing.

Sponsored Links
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN said:
£65.00 callout £4.00 to £18.00 for T/couple £40.00 + vat per hour, work it out for your self.

Emergency call out £75.00 then £55.00 per hour + vat plus materials, work it out for yourself.

Voted in a nice gentleman as prime minister, 16Million from speed cameras just in Notts area petrol companys making millions a minute, extra tax for hospitals but nothing to see for it, CORGI dreaming up money making schemes every five minutes, B&Q overcharging me for goods then spending it on Ellen Mcarthur without asking me for her self glorification, cancer creating chemicals put in my food, I ASK YOU AM I GETTING CONNED, either pay up, get someone else, live in the cold, or shut up whingeing.
I AM NOT WHINGEING i am asking for advice i can see its people like you
we need not to ring your the one who,s whingeig

Well said, totally unneccessary response from PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN.
PEDANTICVINDICTIVEMAN, if you assume everyone here has your level of knowledge a) then why do you think they come here b) don't bother replying abusively.

He has all the same issues PLUS £65 call out charge for a heating engineer...
:)

People always moaning about how much, PHONE ROUND THE PHONE BOOKS FULL OF TRADESMEN.
I WOULD LIKE TO SEE YOUR FACE IF YOUR OLD GRANNY WAS RIPPED OFF

We are all ripped off with everything every day from when we are born till we die, just open your eyes at the profits made by supermarket chains, so my WHOLE FAMILY are ripped off every day, plumbers, builders and garages are just an easy target for people to be having a go at, the WHOLE antique trade TOTALLY relies on ripping people off so they can earn a living and more, but it seems that is ok by the way that antique programmes are shoved down our throats on television, you pay up for all these other things whats the big deal with plumbers.

wow.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back