good one parts center.

Sponsored Links
Namsag - How can you compare playing with gas to fixing your car? Qualified engineers pay a lot of money to become reqistered in there chosen field and also have a reputation to uphold therefore only selling gas carrying ports to qualified installers is definately the irght move to back the engineers and stamp out rogues.
With regards to your pricing issue, the databases have now changed and parts center use global pricing therefore spares prices will not fluctuate between brands. If you would like your terms looking at then please call your local parts center branch to review.

gas4you - Any engineer not qualified will not be able to purchase gas carrying spares. If you are an account holder and a long serving customer known to the branch they will not ask you.

doitall - are you serious? Black market?...
All companys should back the campaign, Any gas safe registered engineer would also back the campaign. The aim is to stamp out bodged repairs and as parts center are the biggest spares distribution company in the uk, they must take a stand as they have a sense of responsibility to the trade. Protecting our customers and your customers. If quallified engineers condemmed any unsafe boilers (which is there job) then there will be no unsafe or dangerous occurances relating to either a supplier or a qualified engineer. The book would fall to the home owner.
You get your car tax'd and mot'd each year as its law, Why not get the boiler done to.....after all you probably use it more than your vehicle anyway.

Ludicris not to back the campaign.

i hope your quicker with getting parts than you are at blowing wolsleys trumpet

this thread is 2 years old
jawdrop.gif
:rolleyes:

Kev the entire answer sums up a wolsley employee he must be at a good level of management to come out with sh#te like that complete drivel and missed the point of the debate as well as being two years late . :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
As far as I am concerned all this only sell parts to rgi's is a load of nonsense , at my local branch you cannot buy a thermocouple at one counter , but buy a gas appliance at the adjacent counter & you might be served by the same bloke :D

Basically it is some twaddle that makes some company look responsible & caring they have concern about safety ect ect , than sell a bottle of sulphoric acid drain cleaner to some have'nt got a clue diyer :)

All those who are in favour of banning the sale of gas appliances ect to joe public should be careful what you wish for !!

Kev - lol......I only just seen the post and have become a member.

Namsag - I've not missed the point at all, Actually hit it spot on.

The reason the customer can buy a complete boiler etc from another division within our company is because we had to start somewhere, There is more green tape than you may believe.
Who knows if this will roll out to other brands...

Hopefully it will.

Guys, We are trying to help you......... If you are gas safe registered then why are you complaining?

I have stopped even ringing for prices from parts center,because unless you have an account you are 20-30%dearer than local independant where i have a cash account,also started to use PTS for some spares

hoop i do know why plumb will sell u a boiler even if your not rgi as he will just qoto wicks and b and q
but it should be illigal full stop and proably will be when a street goes bang

I got the proper hump in PC the other day cos of the price of a spare, so much so they gave me a roll of solder to calm me down lol
I think the manufacturers are as much to blame though, they're squeezing prices up regularly and unfairly. I think alot of companies are lowering their profit margins to be competitive and PC are just a bit more stubborn.

Never supplied a hob , gas cooker , & very rarely a gas fire generally tell the customer go buy your own , I am not interested & do not have the time !

Just because someone self purchases a gas appliance does not make them a diyer !!

Personally I could not care less wether wolseley or Screwfix adopt a we will only sell to rgi's , stance or not ! might impress some waste of space Quango , or some here today gone tomorrow 2nd rate politician who probably does'nt know his backside from a pineapple !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back