NOT SURE ABOUT A CONMAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your comments PED, so when someone who knows nothing about plumbers or their charges comes here seeking advice, nice of you to give it, but don't ram it down their throats and implicitly accuse them of being idiots. Otherwise, what is the point of such forums and why do you bother wasting your time replying to 'these idiots' ! There is obviously nothing in the world that you don't have experience of and therefore wouldn't get caught out on, or is it in your van by day, forum by night = know everything about your world.............

Sponsored Links
and in the same vein marra this aint an information site

you charge the going rate where you are
want to come to the north and try and make a living at your rates :?:

Sorry what was the question, I was busy being ripped off trying to sort out some software I PAID for but have to keep repairing myself while Bill gates is loaded, but seems to keep crashing, funny when I complain I just get told "oh thats Windows XP for you" and have to put up with it
:evil:

I wouldn't pay £135 for a thermocouple change, I have paid £70 in the past though.

It sounds odd that it took one hour to suss this was the problem. There may have been other issues which needed checking, e.g. flue, gas pressures, etc.

the business rate is about £60 hour, £70.50 with VAT.

I don't see why gas engineers can't carry a stock of universal thermocouples on them ?

Sponsored Links
I carry spare universal T/couples and other oddments and have a waste disposal rip off licence to carry the old one away.

Maybe the guy was doing a whole gamut of checks, boiler never serviced for years and full of birds nests, had to clear out ten years worth of buy-1-get-1-free specials from the cupboard to get to the thing etc etc,

Shame the bottom line on the bill was thermocouple change, perhaps the image of the trade would be better if engineers sold there time and services better with catchy terms e.g. "essential appliance debris clearance", "cover seal made good", "safe service access established"

perhaps the image of the trade would be better served if we wernt treat like ****e by all and sundry
gas fitters were only put on the face of the earth to rip people off
when they do these ****e programmes why dont the genuine blokes ever get a chance
greatest plumber ever

wouldnt make good telly tho would it

Well, over several recent posts you guys have shown the same contempt for joe public that is the worst recorded in some of the posts here. You just take the p*ss out of innocent posters requesting advice and then revel in your self envisaged victory of yet another rip off. What the hell are you doing prowling these forums if thats all your interested in ! (rhetorical guys). I used to value this as a place of shared interest but your attitudes of late has killed that. Maybe signing out on this post......

HELLO I WOULD JUST LIKE TO UPDATE YOU ON MY predicament the gas engineer came round and says the boiler is broke and i need a new boiler
he says he has a freind who could fit me in next week and would cost me 1,400 pounds this covers labour and boiler exchange

LITTLE OLD LADY, get another opinion. Gas engineers are no different to garage mechanics or anyone else providing a service, in that there are decent ones and rip-off merchants. It will be obvious to the rip-off guy that you know nothing and can be conned. Ask around and get a personal recommendation for an honest one.

I would suggest you read my post again. Did you ask these people for sight of their CORGI card. If they do not have one, they cannot fit gas appliances

DP said:
I would suggest you read my post again. Did you ask these people for sight of their CORGI card. If they do not have one, they cannot fit gas appliances
yes i asked him for is corgi card and he showed me a card but the picture of him did not fit when i asked him about this he says that picture was is partner and they have got there cards mixed up....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back