Health Secretary

I got it ok, and then looked at a bigger point too, maybe you missed that?

No, I got it thanks (y)

Do you think their Ts and Cs are better now than they were ?

Not relevant (to the post to which you were responding, anyway), in that the Ts and Cs have been criticised for as long as I can recall; any diminution in "recent" times - set your parameters there - would be just "more of the same".
Again, IMHO.

Sponsored Links
Back to constructiveness then, @carmanmemoranda , do you think the current JD strike is because of worsening Ts and Cs?
I think it is a little bit more nuanced than that.

My point is that it is an occupation that I would hope is sought out by a certain type, not just by "anybody". For that to apply it also has to be aimed at the more affluent that can afford the training and the time needed to get to the real pay levels. That goes against my ideals, but I wouldn't want "anybody" types applying that just see the future package as worth the strain. But I don't want anybody with the right attitude being put off either, that just leads to the need to import staff.

A better package earlier, but with very strict entry ability may be better for the country as a whole?

But the whole situation is not a simple cure, be it money, terms or anything else. I would prefer anybody that is looking after me and my family not to be over tired and worried about bills at home though.

Sponsored Links
Is it possible that they think that they can cause a lot of damage, therefore they've got the country by the short and curlies so can demand what they fancy?

That £16/hour poor little flower must be a trainee or something. Typical pay is £50k, which is more like £25/hour. They only have to put up with this for a short time, after which it doubles.

You don't see doctors driving crap cars. I recently drove past a hospital staff car park, it looked like a Tesla dealer.

But the whole situation is not a simple cure, be it money, terms or anything else. I would prefer anybody that is looking after me and my family not to be over tired and worried about bills at home though.
That's exactly what they want you to think. Give them what they demand and nobody dies.

That's exactly what they want you to think. Give them what they demand and nobody dies.
No. You are assuming every junior doctor is earning big money, which just isn't true.

They get to make life and death decisions on beginners money. people still die, regardless of how much they earn. But if those decisions are made with a clear head and not 1 focused on where they get the money to pay a bill, the decision is more likely to be clear headed.

Am I supporting the strikes and pay demands? No. Am I against them? No. Just an outsider looking in at a big picture

The NHS budget has only ever risen under the evil mean tories,
and how much do the Tories siphon off into private healthcare contracts for their mates

if evil Tories are doing so well with the NHS how come waiting times have risen consistently since 2010
oh and vacancy numbers have risen too

and how much do the Tories siphon off into private healthcare contracts for their mates

if evil Tories are doing so well with the NHS how come waiting times have risen consistently since 2010
oh and vacancy numbers have risen too
If we're getting all party political then good old Gordon Brown created a huge and ongoing bill for the NHS as a result of all the dodgy PFI contracts, which were essentially privatisation in all but name.

Massive amounts of rent now being paid for newbuild crappy buildings in place of those that the NHS once owned outright.

Cant be that bad a job as doctors kids following them into the profession is one of the highest out there , even higher than lawyers so parents must be telling them something is good about it

Sounds like they are striking over conditions, not pay.

Doing a job that you might have to do 365 days a year, 20 hours a day etc. will break the best of people.
Obviously nobody does that, but you need to be available to do it and many doctors often end up doing shifts back to back.
Not an easy job, and when you're not being paid much more than somebody on a 9-5 mon-fri job, you're gonna feel a bit had done by.

I'm sure someone will want to deny this is correct... I won't. £3 an hour over minimum wage. I get £12 for invigilating exams in a comp. Real life or death stuff.

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 16.59.59.png

Politicians have been engineering the destruction of the NHS for a long time...

Because many MP's (not just tory) have links to private health care companies...

Mainly US based...

Doctors have simply been set up as the scapegoats!

Sponsored Links
Back