How old is this kitchen?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

A slightly strange one maybe, but I'm trying to work out how old this kitchen is, and was wondering if anyone on here might be able to help, and even better, for those that really know their kitchens, if anyone knows what the product range is called?

Someone told me it was installed in 2002 - I don't believe them. The type of hinges and fixtures used for one, but also the Moores sticker still has a number without the 1 which was added to the geographical phone numbers.

Anyone able to help me? Thanks very much in advance

Attachments

• kitchen cupboard.JPG
    kitchen cupboard.JPG
    133.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Moores Sticker.JPG
    Moores Sticker.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 242
  • cupboard hinge.JPG
    cupboard hinge.JPG
    40.8 KB · Views: 243
Sponsored Links
1969 - Began supplying kitchen units for Public Sector housing
1979 - Launched product range for the Private Sector house building market

I would have said late 70s or very early 1980s.

PhONEday was 1995 and I don't think they'd have been using 7-year-old stickers.

If you email them they might be able to tell you how old the range is.

Sponsored Links
As are cutpricekitchens (Lucerne range). The expose hinges suggest older, the crosshead screws suggest newer.

Thanks for the replies. The sticker is what got me thinking the most because of phoneday as you say in 1995 - seems a long time to still be using old stickers or for the doors to have been in storage. The work top is only 25mm thick, but I'm guessing thats common enough still.

I rang Moores up but they couldn't help much. I have tried e-mail now so will see if I get a reply.

Will keep trying to work it out though, thanks again

Apart from curiosity, what makes knowing the kitchen's age so important to you?
Just curious myself :)

Part of the tenancy agreement says the kitchen doesn't need to be repaired/replaced until over twenty years, and we can't even do it ourselves, especially as the doors are different sizes. Other photos of the kitchen show it falling apart more, but I tried to send the better pictures.

The company says it was installed in 2002, but I doubt that very much, but I just can't really prove anything.

Thanks for that.

Are they stating 20yrs after install, or 20yrs after manufacture?
Fairly important distinction.

Part of the tenancy agreement says the kitchen doesn't need to be repaired/replaced until over twenty years, and we can't even do it ourselves, especially as the doors are different sizes. Other photos of the kitchen show it falling apart more, but I tried to send the better pictures.

The company says it was installed in 2002, but I doubt that very much, but I just can't really prove anything.

I have visions of them coming back in 2022, dismantling the abomination, re-installing it in another of their gaffs, then telling the "lucky" recipients that it won't be replaced until 2042, at the earliest.:D

Sponsored Links
Back