Invitation to join facebook type site?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had an invitation from a friendly looking fellow called Simon. He is 46 and lives in France and works in security in Iraq and writes in English.

Two French women in his area also put themselves down as my friends.

I am sure that I dont know him but he sent me a friendly invitation message. " I am sure you willl like this Tony". So I completed my registration on the site.

My question is just why do very ordinary people who are listed on these sites invite others they apparently dont know to join the same site?

I have no current connection with Iraq, his area of France, security industry or the fellow himself!

I do have a facebook entry and have just three "friends" who are all people whom I know. The 16 y.o. has 150 of whom about 30 are from school.

Tony

Sponsored Links
you're being groomed for a Free French Combustion Chamber ring

They are probably after the best kept secrets of the plumbing trade, or your bank account/credit card/mobile phone number, details etc
;) ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Ive said this before.........but why do you want to bare your private personal details for all the world to see (and steal your ID). I dont see the attraction for this type of thing, if i started reading your mail, following you in your car, looking through your windows, checking your phone bills and your browser history, you'd soon tell me to keep my nose out, so why do it voluntarily?

it's called transparency, but I think it's more like transhumance

it's called transparency, but I think it's more like transhumance

You need transparency in public office. Your privacy is valuable.
I guess people who give there privacy away so easily dont value it. Personally I value my privacy, and me and me alone will determine what you and the rest of the world know about me.

I set up a fictional fellow on facebook just so I could have a nosy round and loads of people want to be mates with him.

Very odd.

Even more odd than setting up a fictional fellow on facebook just so I could have a nosy round!

I set up a fictional fellow on facebook just so I could have a nosy round and loads of people want to be mates with him.

Very odd.

Even more odd than setting up a fictional fellow on facebook just so I could have a nosy round!

Thats exactly the point.

Theres a saying, "One the Internet , no one knows you're a dog"

picresized_1229584137_youreadog.gif

The point is you have no proof or certainty people are who and what they claim to be. Other words of wisdom on the net goes "On the Internet, all 16 years old girls are actually 50 year old men".

I dont get many spam friend requests. But the lastest one was from a woman with a Spanish sounding name, whose friends were all called steve/steven/stephen. :rolleyes:

I dont get why people spam friend requests, it must be to advertise things. I know once I added a "woman" on MSN messenger with a foreign name. Never spoke to her. Next day all my friends had recieved an email from "me" advertising some kind of dodgy online drug. Oh, and it deleted all my contacts too. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Back