Joining 6mm

I thought thermal imagining cameras were designed to be sensitive, so you can see for example where the heat is leaving your house?
I have no idea how sensitive they are, but would doubt that they (at least, of the type that an electrician might have) are necessarily sensitive enough to detect very small differences in temperature,
Also there must be heat generated under high load in the cables let alone the connections as copper has a good resistance and we only limit it to 70c in PVC. If it didn't heat up how would screw terminals on cooker circuits loosen themselves.
Yes, but you're now talking about something very different, and essentially irrelevant to the question being discussed. If, by virtue of the current flowing through them, all of the conductors entering the JB were at 70°C, then, if there were not a lot of heat losses, then all of the terminals in the JB would eventually have a temperature of 70°C. However, that's true whether there are 3, 4 or even 40 such cables (all at 70°C) going into the JB - so can't be the reason why a 4-'terminal' J803 is said to have a much lower maximum current capability that a 3-terminal' J804. Only if substantial amounts of heat were being generated at/by the terminals (which just shouldn't happen) would the number of terminals be relevant to the 'current rating' of the JB.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
The ones sold round here have all "white" terminals
Is that an old first edition one
The newer ones seem to have an install leaflet
?? They are black cos of the fire.
I have the leaflet, but most of it can't be read because it got burned.

If it didn't heat up how would screw terminals on cooker circuits loosen themselves.
I used to install and repair white goods, I've not come across this problem before?

D'you know, all this time and I didn't realise you had an ES lamp in your mouth, husky!

Sponsored Links
D'you know, all this time and I didn't realise you had an ES lamp in your mouth, husky!
How could you miss it, it's GES and about 30cm long! :LOL: It's a 1KW GLS lamp.
It lights up with husky power!
echo bulb.jpg

They look transparent, Before you burnt them :)
They are burnt in all the pics, they started off white. The buttons burnt differently to the main part of the connector.

Last edited:
It is reliable and has had no recalls, loads of room in the enclosure, the AM3 boards are much better than the plastic ones. We used to use MK but ditched them after all the faults and recalls. Besides I don't get to choose!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back