Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone tell me what's going on??

I can't make head nor tail of the plot.

Is everyone actually dead?

HELP!!

Sponsored Links
Yes, did you not watch the final episode.
They are all dead and caught in some kind of limbo between upstairs and downstairs. Gene Hune is there to sheppard them in the right direction, but has forgotten this and also believes that he is still alive. The guy with the glasses turns out to be the devil.
I couldn't make sense of it either, but I thought the final episode wrapped it all up pretty well.

Yes they are. Gene Hunt got himself killed as a rookie PC and it's his body that's buried in a field underneath a scarecrow. He's been collecting the ghosts of dead (or half dead) police officers ever since.

When he said that he helped Sam Tyler to escape, he meant that Sam wanted to move on - to the pub, which represents the after-life for dead coppers. The creepy one whose name I've forgotten also collects the dead but he takes them somewhere else. He tells them they're going to the best police station in the world but you know what they say: If something sounds too good to be true, it probably is. He claims all the crooked ones.

Sam never did come out of his coma. He realized that he was still asleep in the last episode of Life on Mars when he squeezed something sharp in his hand but felt nothing. He jumped off the roof to get himself back to the action.

Drake died in hospital at 2:06 (I think) and she chose the pub, as did the other three. Gene had to stay behind to carry on his work. He hopped back in time, as only ghosts can do, ready for Sam to arrive.

All clear now?

So what about the coloured copper(viv?), that got killed in prison a few weeks back, he must have already been dead so how did he die again? :confused:

Sponsored Links
And what about all the other real live coppers and criminals they've had dealings with over the last few weeks?

Entertaining series, but a disappointingly and irritatingly naff conclusion.

It would have been better if DCI Hunt had turned out to be a left wing nancy boy, who was ready to trade in his audi Q for a honda civic and Ray Carling was his lover.

Gene Hunt's limbo land can have anything in it. Some of the coppers and criminals might be recently departed souls while others are mere figments of his imagination. Since Viv appeared to be claimed by the creepy guy (the devil?) I think he was real. Gene was thoroughly ****ed off about losing him.

well thanks a bunch, I was going to download this lot to see what the fuss is about, now you've gone and spoilt it..

So if Gene Hunt could manipulate his limbo land, any way he wished.
How come Man City were still sh@t :?:

Oi cheeky Rome wasn't built in a day, I like most fans have said top 6 season just gone with good cup run would do me - finished 5th and got to semi final of Carling Cup - then build on it from there

CITY TIL I DIE :cool:

Sponsored Links
Back