M.O.I

Sponsored Links
Perhaps because they are a retailer and not qualified electricians they have made some faults, be a good citizen and point them out with the correct wording that they should use and send it to the MD.

Thats quite informative actually
As most of us are aware to the average home owner the reference to "low voltage" normally means 12 volt lighting and this has been the case to most lighting references since the 12 volts systems become common as it is technically a system working at a "Lower Voltage" to a 240 volt system.

What does MOI mean :confused:

Sponsored Links
I got stuck early on in the list - at first I thought that by "resistive" they meant how the dimmer worked....

1. LV/ELV confusion.
  2. The energy saving from dimming lamps is fairly small.

t343980.jpg

3. Dimming halogen lamps will not extend their life.
  4. No mention of matching leading-edge/trailing-edge dimmers & ELV transformers.
  5. They really should make it clear that 1-10v dimmable ballasts are very much not the same thing as 0-10V.
  6. 2-way capable dimmers do exist.
  7. CFLs with integral ballasts which can be dimmed by normal dimmers are available.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back