Madeline/ Daily Mail

joe
my wife used to be a travel agent and they go on trips to look around holiday destinations. this complex was one she visited, and one that we went to on a cheapo holiday for a week.

i tell you now that that bar is not down the road at all.
it is across from the centre of the complex. you could see easily from the bar to the apartment where they stayed. that is a fact but you dont deal in them do you jeffery archer..
lets embellish the story to suit your own ends same as you do on every thread.

another thing you saddo, i dont collect pictures of kate macann for a hobby unlike you. i can picture you scrabbling around desperately hoping i cant find one.
you stupid man, i dont care if she wears the same stuff every day of her life.

you are a sad larry (ask your kids)

Sponsored Links
Oompah wrote in support of Joe....'With you on this one Joe we had holidays with our two Daughters even went to Florida when they were young never left them alone'

What a couple of self righteous people you are.

So nether Joe nor Oompah have put their children at unavoidable risk then!!. OK lets examine that.....you subject your children to 'avoidable' risk every time you have them in your car (and increase that risk when you no doubt tune in the radio or take a phone call, hands free or otherwise or engage in conversation whilst driving). You subject your children to risk every time they go on a theme park ride....the fact is you subject your children to risk every single day.
You will justify those actions by arguing that they are unavoidable day to day activities....yes they are but they carry a far greater risk than having your child abducted or worse in a peaceful crime free area of south west Portugal whilst you have dinner a short distance away .

Do you recall that case in Northern England where a young girl was taken from her bath tub??? were her parents at fault for subjecting their child to 'risk' for leaving her unattended??

Big big difference to leaving three children alone in an unlocked apartment and taking them for a day out which involves a drive in the car.

If as parents you want a week away wthout kids then leave the little-uns at home with grandparents/other responsible people and go and enjoy yourselves. If you are taking children on holiday then you should be looking after them properly not leaving them alone where they can get frightened/harmed. Take them to the restaurant, have an early dinner, go back to the apartments and sit on the patio enjoying a glass or two.

Self righteous.....no I don't think so.

Commonsense to me I'm afraid.

I bet they wouldn't go out from the apartment leaving money/camera passports in plain view.

Anyway I am not going to argue on, you think it's OK to leave kids alone and I don't, two different opinions of which we are both entitled to. :)[/quote]
you're not going to argue but you still want to comment.

you are factually incorrect and completely self righteous.
your comments are based on untruths but you still subject us to them.

you live in surrey and no doubt have to use the M25 sometimes.
but that isnt more dangerous than watching your kids in the garden from your kitchen.
you cant see your kids in their beds but i'll lay money those kids have been in bed while you've had a barbie or a garden party or you've left you kids with an underage babysitter.
commonsense... pah

let him without sin cast the first stone... a touch biblical maybe but perfect for this thread.
you do something you're just not honest enough to say.
same as all of us.

btw
how many tops have you got? joe wants to know, he keeps track of important things like that

If being a responsible parent is being self righteous then i am quite happy to wear that tag.

[quote="aspley";p="79627
Anyway I am not going to argue on, you think it's OK to leave kids alone and I don't, two different opinions of which we are both entitled to. :)

You are completely missing the point..............I don't think anyone is saying it is OK to leave the kids alone but rather that it is not a reason to overly criticize the parents for. What I and the likes of AtoZ are trying to get across is that we all subject our kids to greater risk than the Mccan's did on this occassion...they were just so so unlucky.

Amen

Sponsored Links
[quote="aspley";p="79627
Anyway I am not going to argue on, you think it's OK to leave kids alone and I don't, two different opinions of which we are both entitled to. :)

You are completely missing the point..............I don't think anyone is saying it is OK to leave the kids alone but rather that it is not a reason to overly criticize the parents for. What I and the likes of AtoZ are trying to get across is that we all subject our kids to greater risk than the Mccan's did on this occassion...they were just so so unlucky.

Amen

What a pity the greater community at large don't agree with you. Do a Google in the newsgroups and see what flack the McCanns get.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect that. Kindly offer me the same. Thank you.

If being a responsible parent is being self righteous then i am quite happy to wear that tag.

i think that we all would.
please dont lose sight of the fact that most of us would not do what the macanns did.

you do something, that in similar circumstances the likes of joe would crucify you for.

is that right?
is kate macann a fool because she left her kids but a monster because she never wears the same top?

the macanns suffer while we chatter.

(no insults or slights intended oompah)

[quote="aspley";p="79627

Amen

What a pity the greater community at large don't agree with you. Do a Google in the newsgroups and see what flack the McCanns get.
Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I respect that. Kindly offer me the same. Thank you.

another lie
you simply dont know that for a fact.
most people dont use a forum or wont comment because they have to tangle with insensetive information distorting jefferey archer types like you..

None taken.But one wonders why is it constantly kept in the news up here in the uk when the child disappeared in Portugal,or is the same publicity being used there.

None taken.But one wonders why is it constantly kept in the news up here in the uk when the child disappeared in Portugal,or is the same publicity being used there.

that is a seperate question.
i do think they are clever people to start with and i think they learned from sarah paynes mother how to be available to the press.
the press will write something so its better to have some say rather than none.
kate macanns is nice looking but the agony shows on her face.
that for newspapers makes good copy.

i dont buy newspapers anymore because they have nothing in them would want to read.
(sweeping statement but more or less true)

....and she never wears the same outfit twice. What if she was fat and ugly - would that make a difference?

What if Maddie had been a fat spotty boy of 11 that picked his nose and farted all day - would there still be the public interest?

As for the tops - show me a picture of Kate MCcCan wearing the same outfit twice. Gwon - I double dare you.
1190196643_0.jpg

maddie_09_02.jpg

that is a seperate question. i do think they are clever people to start with
and i think they learned from sarah paynes mother how to be available to the press.

i dont buy newspapers anymore because they have nothing in them would want to read.

Err no, I think you will find that was the op on this topic.
Somewhere along the line it became a slanging match with the usual protaganists adopting "I know best attitude"

[/quote]

I said I won't argue on, you have your view and I have mine and I won't get drawn into a slanging match, sorry :LOL:

I said I won't argue on, you have your view and I have mine and I won't get drawn into a slanging match, sorry :LOL:[/quote]

i see
moral high ground eh. throw in a couple of smileys and that will make your ridiculous safety statements ok.
it will allow the factually incorrect points, that will be repeated by others, to pass by unchecked..

just as well you wont argue because you would be easy to slaughter on this subject.
you carry on doing everything correct in your life... or is that things that you' consider to be right.
self righteous but not right.

i hope you think how kate macann might feel before you chose to defend an indefensible position just because you're offended

that is a separate question. i do think they are clever people to start with
and i think they learned from sarah paynes mother how to be available to the press.

Err no, I think you will find that was the op on this topic.
Somewhere along the line it became a slanging match with the usual protaganists adopting "I know best attitude"

i was wondering if i was included as a usual protagonist?
when this thread started it was pointed out to me that i had 39 posts and so that didnt entitle me to opinion.

your point as the op, about the media was perfectly valid but with jefferey archer types contributing it would always decsend into kate mcann is a...... you fill in the blanks.

no offence intended.

Sponsored Links
Back