Modifications and insurance

Not a good sign if you need extra time to get a pass.

The level for a pass is quite low. To fail, especially badly, sound like your maintenance is not as good as you try to make us believe.

Yeah, but this is the guy who hasn't mastered regular oil changes yet, and tries to crowbar cam covers off. I don't imagine he's turned down that many offers to head-up any F1 pit crews... ;)

Sponsored Links
It's mostly on wobbly piles of timber :ROFLMAO:
It certainly will go on timber today. Need to find coolant leak. I remain suspicious why it began when the mot man touched it. While I am in there, I will clear up any oil on the splash guard.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
It certainly will go on timber today.

Make a permanent feature of it......

1707988840020.png

It certainly will go on timber today. Need to find coolant leak. I remain suspicious why it began when the mot man touched it. While I am in there, I will clear up any oil on the splash guard.
Mot man touched it ? With tools ?

OK, leak found. The MOT guy gets his job back.

Left picture is directly below the expansion tank. Would anyone want to guess what the problem is? Ignore the PVC tube. It's a non-insurance-approved mod.

leak-1.png
leak-2.png

Last edited:
Afraid to get it wrong?

No, just a general level of fatigue and boredom, I suspect. I certainly don't propose to suggest anything. The problem is that we've been here before, too many times, and we will inevitably be told we're wrong, but by someone with no particular engineering knowledge, whose opinions don't really command any respect...

By all means "illuminate" us with your diagnosis if you want, but it certainly won't carry much weight as far as I'm concerned. You have proved your "credentials" far too many times for that...

My diagnosis is that importing from china is ridiculously expensive. It doesn't help that the houthis are holding up the show. Therefore, a local china seller will have to do. My OE level sensor is perfectly fine, and I will use that if their bottle is compatible - don't see why not.

People can still guess if they want to play. If not, their loss.

expansion-tank.png

Sponsored Links
Back