Nissan

you cant leave a club and have the same benefits.

its not new, but you persist in claiming its the EU that wont negotiate.

You keep claiming the EU can 'do one' in regards to fishing, but then you expect to keep the same benefits for financial markets etc etc

Sponsored Links
What I agree with is having the ability to change them as and when required, as a Sovereign State would do, not have them dictated by another entity.
hilarious.

isolationist nonsense.

"I wont be pushed around by the EU"
"I'm happy to accept a carp US deal"

typical brexiteers argument: contradicts itself.

hilarious.

isolationist nonsense.

"I wont be pushed around by the EU"
"I'm happy to accept a carp US deal"

typical brexiteers argument: contradicts itself.

That all singing and dancing US Trade deal that will add 0.16% to our GDP in about 15 years.

No deal = WTO rules/tariffs.

Deal = the 'status quo'/no tariffs.

What's not to understand?
That we might have WTO tarrifs, zero tarrifs as we do now, tarrifs below WTO levels or a mixture of tarrifs at WTO, bespoke or none.

Sponsored Links
you cant leave a club and have the same benefits.

its not new, but you persist in claiming its the EU that wont negotiate.

It's reasonable to ask for at least some of the benefits other countries enjoy without ever having joined the club.

Or we can have a free trade agreement if we agree to level playing field and abiding by their rules, sufficient terms and conditions to stop us trading with the rest of the world. LOL.

Free trade agreement like Canada? which apparently we can't have because we're near, and they're faraway.
That is a big difference.
And it's not correct, we're not asking for a trade deal like Canada's, were asking for more than Canada has and in a much shorter time frame.

That is a big difference.
And it's not correct, we're not asking for a trade deal like Canada's, were asking for more than Canada has and in a much shorter time frame.

Yes, but we're hardly starting from scratch are we?

You mean, apart from having ripped up 40 years of agreements, and saying we refuse to abide by the standards of a prospective partner?

In some ways that's worse, we're trying to move away from the EU on fishing and level playing field and a million other things. That's very unusual in treaties. Unusual takes longer and is harder, just like in every other situation.

That we might have WTO tarrifs, zero tarrifs as we do now, tarrifs below WTO levels or a mixture of tarrifs at WTO, bespoke or none.
WTO tariffs are set.
The EU have been quite clear about what a deal means as regards tariffs.
(they are the rules that the UK agreed to)

But if you believe that we have confusion, then what type of brexit was voted for in 2016?

Of course those baying for a 'no deal' claim they knew exactly what they were voting for.
So they are the ones who are happy to say goodbye to nissan and the tens of thousands of supply chain jobs.

The value of losing all this is conservatively put at £2bn a year.
Add to that the loss of taxes from the lost investment and from the jobs that will disappear (and thus increased benefit payments), the value of that one car plant is not far off a quarter of our current EU contribution!

Sponsored Links
Back