No jab? You’re not coming aboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why are the vaccinated so worried about the unvaccinated? You're safe, aren't you? Or don't you trust the jab? :ROFLMAO:
Because no vaccine is guaranteed to give protection to 100% of those that have it. The unvaccinated could give it to those that the vaccine didn’t work on.

Sponsored Links
I'm absolutely fine after my first, looking forward to number two, but the whole idea is to have everyone have the jab, to minimise the covid transmission. A matter of the general public's good and public spirits, rather than a selfish attitude - or being simply scared to death of a little prick in the arm maybe.

Or being scared of a vaccine that may or may not have problems. Too early to tell.

But it sounds like P&O don't even trust the jab, because you still have to social distance and wear masks on board even if you're vaccinated. Who would have thought it?

Because no vaccine is guaranteed to give protection to 100% of those that have it. The unvaccinated could give it to those that the vaccine didn’t work on.

So basically, lockdown, masks, social distancing may never end then. Because the vaccines aren't 100% effective and they'll keep finding new mutations.

Who knows? Flu hasn’t gone away yet other nasties have virtually been eliminated due to vaccines. Just common courtesy I suppose, I mean, if you smoked and believed it did you no harm, you wouldn’t dream of smoking in a non-smokers house would you?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
And we have to eat to stay alive, its a trade off, we do not need to cruise to live
Indeed it is a trade off'...

My 'trade off' is wait and see as regards the jab(s) :)

Are you living in a bubble and eating fresh air then?
Nah, I'm carrying on working regardless...

Unlike the cowards who shirk work and are bludging off the taxpayer (n)

Or being scared of a vaccine that may or may not have problems. Too early to tell.

How many have to have it before you will declare it safe? How long a time has to pass, until you declare it safe?

But it sounds like P&O don't even trust the jab, because you still have to social distance and wear masks on board even if you're vaccinated. Who would have thought it?

Because the jab only gives 90% protection and many of the crew will not have been vaccinated. Even with everyone vaccinated, there will still be a need for masks - or did you miss that?

The vaccines have been doled out in their millions and it has been 10 months since the first jabs with almost* no detectable serious adverse effects.

If they were dangerous we'd know by now.

*The exception being the Pfizer jab which can set off some allergies. It's a good thing there are multiple safe vaccines available isn't it.

So basically, lockdown, masks, social distancing may never end then. Because the vaccines aren't 100% effective and they'll keep finding new mutations.

The vaccine is primarily to reduce the likely symptoms and chance of dying, suffering symptoms for the rest of your life. The need for masks long term, may change in time.

I just wanted to add that when you talk about vaccine effectiveness. 95% doesn't mean that of 100 vaccinated people, 5 of them would get sick. It means that if you were exposed to the disease, your chances of getting infected would be 95 percent less if you were vaccinated than if you weren't.

So your chances of getting the disease in general are much less than 5%.

Efficacy rates (and effectiveness rates and point estimates and confidence intervals) are very hard to communicate well.

Measles is a good example, we have had a very effective vaccine (I think it's 99%) for a number of years. But it is so infectious that sporadic outbreaks in areas still happen where coverage is low - so complete eradication is very difficult worldwide with "just" vaccinations - as some level of the population cannot be vaccinated. Interestingly; the covid measures might actually give us a good shot at tackling these pockets of infectious disease which we wouldn't of had otherwise; as they tip the balance and break chains of transmission.

I also think that some of the latest data is that the vaccines are showing an effect on asymptomatic transmission, which is great news.

Only 5% of French people have had the jab. 50% don't want it as they don't trust the government and don't trust an unlicenced drug where the manufacturer has no liability. Very wise. However even with such a low uptake the country has no real lockdown and is opening up, even to foreign travel. Maybe the French could have a lesson for us.

Mmmm. That's worrying.

What about a big mask over the outlet?

My parents stopped cruising after getting sick on their last one - general consensus is viruses spread through the air heating systems.

My parents stopped cruising after getting sick on their last one - general consensus is viruses spread through the air heating systems.
Yes, quite possibly - obviously? - now that it has been discovered that the virus travels on the wind and does not, in fact, drop to the ground within 2m. of every person; something I questioned at the very beginning.

However Burnerman implied that it might be impossible for AC systems to filter out the virus which surely casts doubts on the effectiveness of masks - otherwise wouldn't it be simple to filter out the virus?

However, logic has been very rare in the last twelve months.

Stay home - unless you go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back