No wiring necessary!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sponsored Links
The pendant uses existing wiring, and has a receiver. The switch is battery operated and has a transmitter in it. No wiring to the switch needed.

The ceiling rose must be wired in as normal and the switch can be anywhere because it is a remote control. Thats how i see it others may disagree.

Found base web site and viewed installation instructions and rose is very like normal ceiling rose to wire. Seems to work like a two way switch with original switch and radio switch both able to work unit.

But the way it is shown on B&Q web site it does not say switch requires no wiring which is correct but on a new line says:-
No wiring necessary!
Which is only true of switch not ceiling rose and yes all us electricians may realise it will need wiring but a DIY person may not realise this and then once they open of course feel committed and have a go.

I would also question selling items which can't use CFU without some warning? On Home Easy site they make it plain that they will not work but nothing on B&Q site?

Sponsored Links
I've had a look at this website and it is quite clear that the new rose is designed to replace an existing rose. So no problem there. I can sleep easy at night now.

What is the point of the product? If people want to dim their lights using a remote control, fitting a remote control dimmer would be much cheaper (even when purchased from B&Q) and a lot easier to install.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back