optiions - cold feed only

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just moved house and h/w pressure is awful. want to quickly (and cheaply) replace an old elec shower with something more powerful (left a combi driven grohe shower behind) without running a hot feed to the existing unit - ie. no new pipework. Is there such a thing as an electric power shower that runs only from a cold feed out there ?

Sponsored Links
Have a look at this shower as an option - the Mira Elite II. I tried to find a showroom somewhere that was able to demonstrate it, but failed to do so. I guess the bottom line is that any electric shower will only ever be as powerful as it's ability to heat the water. Consequently, I chose to use the hot feed instead as these showers are quite expensive.

http://www.plumbworld.co.uk/74-747

I have a mira elite 2 - fine in the summer, but in winter when cold - flow is pretty poor.

Sponsored Links
Doesnt matter what names on the box they all do the same thing just get a cheapo from wickes or somewhere for now and save up for all your posh stuff later. Anything 8.5kw or more will wash the tide marks off yer neck. Dont even think about paying more for a triton cos they are the same as wickes. Theres an electrical distributor called newey and eyre they do an 8.5 kw shower for about 45 quid Guess who makes them ??
Redring!

Any shower will only put in to the water the amount of energy its rated at so if a mira runs slower during the winter because the water is colder then so will any other make of shower with the same rating

Your old combi would have been at least 24kW, the best electric is only 11kW, and it's usually at least as difficult to get a 10mm cable to them as getting a HW pipe to the bathroom, though you would need a gravity CW supply too for the non electric option.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back