Optima xm6 alarm fails to activate

possibly, any alarm that does not sound when wires cut or corode (giving tamper signal) is rubbish, and is of no point been left installed, i will be getting rid of my texecom if it will not sound alrams when wires are cut, regardless if its armed or not.
You're missing the point. Cables don't need to be cut to fail. Blame does not then lie with the controller does it.

Sponsored Links
possibly, any alarm that does not sound when wires cut or corrode (giving tamper signal) is rubbish, and is of no point been left installed, i will be getting rid of my Texecom if it will not sound alarms when wires are cut, regardless if its armed or not.

Possibly as mentioned before it was wired incorrectly.
Possibly the cables have corroded and a "short" is on the tamper circuit making it seem to be closed at all times.

Possibly if you actually read the manual you would find your choice has an option of how it reports a tamper.
Also why EOL is a better method of connecting. Especially when using anti-mask as well as other methods.

Sparks pulling cables in after the alarm wire was installed. Who knows?

Many reasons, not always immediately apparent.

Sponsored Links
yes i love eol (even double eol) i thinking im right in thinking anti masking is treble eol.

and "You're missing the point. Cables don't need to be cut to fail. Blame does not then lie with the controller does it"

im only talking about the cable to the sensor mate.

like i said weeks ago, this is why i wanted a highend graded panel - glad if my wires are cut i get alarms gallore in my house.

yes i love eol (even double eol) i thinking im right in thinking anti masking is treble eol.

and "You're missing the point. Cables don't need to be cut to fail. Blame does not then lie with the controller does it"

im only talking about the cable to the sensor mate.

like i said weeks ago, this is why i wanted a highend graded panel - glad if my wires are cut i get alarms gallore in my house.
???
And we're talking about the optima, and how it is likely wired. NOT your latest bench project and the buzzwords you're just learning.

erm that was a response to alarm in the first sentance,

and we were talking about the ops problems.

buzz words? you mean industry standard features? that i have only learned about in a week or so? and now fully understand? then yes

camera = alarm sensor (pir door contact etc)

alarm cable - cat 5 - balluns - power

control panel - dvr

alarm keypad - cctv system controller

its a piece of cake, in fact im going to buy a honeywell to play with too, once i find out and resarch what there best panels are etc, they only thing i have mainly asked about is recomded equipment brands etc.

cant wait to get my tex on my laptop and have play, then buy more gear and get it connected to router.

EHH?

Why Cat5 over stranded?
Why solid as opposed to stranded?

What is a CCTV controller?

Which Honeywell product? A heating timer? Or a Dimension, a Flex?
What does a Ballun do? How and why?
How do you work out power? What distance should a PSU be from certain items?

I know your new, but indulge me ;)

EHH?

Why Cat5 over stranded?
Why solid as opposed to stranded?

What is a CCTV controller?

Which Honeywell product? A heating timer? Or a Dimension, a Flex?
What does a Ballun do? How and why?
How do you work out power? What distance should a PSU be from certain items?

I know your new, but indulge me ;)

camera = pir - both are a sensor, i mean to help me get my head around alarms it occured to me all i had to do was treat the install / wiring of a alarm panel in the same way as a cctv install.

cat5 for me - less wires, smaller diamter cable and cheaper.

solid over strandad? dont know and have no interest, i have used starnded cat5 as well as solid. no problems with either.

cctv controller = system controller ie panasonic system controller, or in dms case the keybaord or the "digital remote keyboard" as dm call it.

honeywell galaxy intuder alarm, so not a spare part for a honeywll heating system, or one of there cctv ranges.

a bullun does something with the inpedance i think, basicaly makes cctv images travel down cat 5 in a freindly way, very cheap aswll, cat 5 is the way forward, but i know many cctv installers have trouble getting there heads round ip cameras, routers, dyns etc, and would ****e them selves at a customer wanting analogue gera and cables out, and a full ip megapixel camera saet up installing.

how do i work out power? are you for real lol, i add the milliamps of the camera, then add a bit more, then buy a psu to the correct wattage, infact i just work on 1 amp for every box or dome camera. then get a 12v psu or 24vac psu.

if ptzs i read the manual for the cunsumpion, always gotta check what the blowers and heaters will use.

ill keep my psus at a distance to my dvr etc, or are you talking about volt drop on long cable runs?

edit sorry i mean 1amp per 2 cameras.

A bullen?
No interest as to what and why?
No idea about PSU`s.

I give up.
Really, cya.

but i know many cctv installers have trouble getting there heads round ip cameras, routers, dyns etc, and would s***te them selves at a customer wanting analogue gera and cables out, and a full ip megapixel camera saet up installing.
Don't act the shrinking violet and hide your light under a bushel. Go for it, really big yourself up!
Shall all the trade guys conveniently forget the 10001 questions you asked elsewhere about trade kit and how it worked for you to achieve your exalted status?

balun typo,

interest in solld straned - never had a issue with either so have never had to look into the pros and cons of either, it would of been intersting of you had told me.

no idears of psus? i dont understand what you mean?

i give up really cya - why be funny with me i thought we was having a chat about gear, why spoil it? why take everything i say in a negative way?

but i know many cctv installers have trouble getting there heads round ip cameras, routers, dyns etc, and would s***te them selves at a customer wanting analogue gera and cables out, and a full ip megapixel camera saet up installing.
Don't act the shrinking violet and hide your light under a bushel. Go for it, really big yourself up!
Shall all the trade guys conveniently forget the 10001 questions you asked elsewhere about trade kit and how it worked for you to achieve your exalted status?

if any pro asked for help or for a understanding of ip gear id do my best to help him, have ip cams my self all dynsing.

I can't believe that will have to rip the carpets that have just been laid down a few days ago, it's definitely the work people. What is more surprising is the " tamper or attack lights did not come on"

Will have to ring the carpet people up to explain the problem and see what they say. The only other possibility I can think of is my decorator when he tried to re-conceal the wires in the plastic tubing.

On the other note, have been looking at modern alarm systems, decent ones cost around £150 to £250. The wireless ones. Similar to the cost of re doing the carpets and re decorating. Or just leave the wiring as it is and change the PIRs to wireless with new system.

Can anyone recommend a good system with 4 zones

hi, even if the wire is still connected to the panel and the pir - this does not mean its fine, somewhere on the cable between the panel and thoese pirs you are likely to find a cut wire (this is obvious beacuse the pirs are no longer getting power, hence no lights on your pirs)

this could be under a carpet, under floor boards etc, you need to check the area they was working in.

personaly id say its there fault (workers) get them to sort it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back