Optima xm6 alarm fails to activate

decent ones cost around £150 to £250.
Unfortunately this will attract some criticism but I understand you are in a bit of a predicament. If you went wireless (not the ideal option IMHO) would you be installing it yourself or would you have to pay for the installation?

Sponsored Links
it looks like a full or patial re wire (wonder how many cores are used at ops house) new contol panel, update the pirs if they mega old (colour bleaching sun damage etc) maybe same with door contacts blah

this looks like best thing to do is a complete renewal (in ideal circumstances)

or get your existing problems fixed, its a hard choice as you are indicating a tight budget.

if its the wokers, they need to put you back in the position you was - ie a working system through a repair.

If it was the workmen, would you trust them to repair (correctly) the wiring??

If it was the workmen, would you trust them to repair (correctly) the wiring??

the work men are responisible for fixing it, they fix it them selfs or pay a installer to fix it or the op lets it go and arranges repair themselves,

no i would not trust them however, the workman must be given the chance to fix it/pay for it to be fixed.

Sponsored Links
Most probable the carpet fitters did it.

Want them repairing a cable?

its the ops choice how they proceed, and as i say the workmen have to be allowed to fix or pay for it to be fixed.

its the ops choice how they proceed, and as i say the workmen have to be allowed to fix or pay for it to be fixed.
Yes, yes, yes. We know all that.
However, back in the real world of what actually happens and in an acceptable timescale...

Yes, yes, yes. We know all that.
However, back in the real world of what actually happens and in an acceptable timescale...

what actualy happens in the real world is you give them a chance to fix it first. within 7 days, as its critical equipment.

like i say to early to be "jumoing the gun" the op aint even been in touch with the workmen as far as we know.

Fine, you advise someone to have a carpet fitter fix a cable.
The more sensible will say get in a professional.

A No Brainer really.

Yes, he gets in an Alarm company and hands them a bill.

lol if they refuse to pay that bill, i think you will find the judge wont be happy that the op never contacted to workmen, never gave them the chance to fix it etc, there are procedures to follow.

this was a accident not malicious, the workmen need to be contacted first to put it right or pay for it to be put right - in my opionion.

lol if they refuse to pay that bill, i think you will find the judge wont be happy that the op never contacted to workmen, never gave them the chance to fix it etc, there are procedures to follow.

this was a accident not malicious, the workmen need to be contacted first to put it right or pay for it to be put right - in my opionion.

The evidence would be the damaged section of cable. Pictures in situ. And its physical presence as evidence. Also logs from the panel or photographs again.
The date of the incident and proof of the works carried out by the guilty party.

Some of us have been in this situation before and given evidence.
So in our opinion the system should be repaired professionally and ASAP.
Letting them know is enough.

Ever had to give evidence in anything similar yourself?

to put this right to my satisfaction, would be a complete renewal of the affected cable.

thats all legally i would be entitled to, however if workman fobbed off the op or told them to get stuffed then different action is taken.

The evidence would be the damaged section of cable. Pictures in situ. And its physical presence as evidence. Also logs from the panel or photographs again.
The date of the incident and proof of the works carried out by the guilty party.

Some of us have been in this situation before and given evidence.
So in our opinion the system should be repaired professionally and ASAP.
Letting them know is enough.

Ever had to give evidence in anything similar yourself?

all this without speaking to the workman and giving them a chance to put it right? on a years old alarm system? that did not even sound when the wire was cut?

you ever heard of a letter before action? i guess not.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back