Part `P`

Sponsored Links
I can do anything no limit, but I have no intention of doing more than showers and boilers.

Paul Barker said:
I can do anything no limit, but I have no intention of doing more than showers and boilers.

Are you just exclaiming your abilities or do you mean that you are qualified..expand further please..

where from chris??
I don't remember, though I started reading at the NICEIC site where there was a list of colleges, which list courses.
They're designed for people who've been rewiring for years without qualifications, so entrance requirements may vary.
Some of the other training/assessing/registration authorities are, I'm told, more easy-going than NICEIC. More keen to get your money, iow.

Sponsored Links
As an example then, they have the 2 days for muppets, then there are 2 five day courses. One seems to be the 2381, which I assume is the one PB has done to allow installing of anything, but not test and inspection of someone elses, and the other is 2391 which seems to allow the test and inspection of other's work.

Or have I got the wrong stick?

For what it's worth I did my EAL limited scope ('B' level) last May at the local college. Experienced lecturers, between 3 and 8 students in each class, and a total of 8 days over 4 weeks.
I found it intense, with little time for questions, and it cost almost a grand!
I also took the £300 CORGI initiation via a NAPIT inspector which was a bit of a waste of time (no need to do both but CORGI took so long arranging the appointment I booked the college course, and they phoned me on the first day at college!!)

To date I can say that I have done about 6 jobs which NEEDED to be notified, plus a further 15 or so which I notified alonside gas work, as it costs no more and the customer gets a bit more paperwork to file (perceived value for money). It also helps to add this detail to the quotes (again added value) along with the Registered Waste Carrier certificate stuff to try to gain an advantage and be seen as more professional than the next gas fitter (It works sometimes!)

The biggest problem for infrequent users is the recollection of facts, but that's the same for gas fitters who do few installs.......MM

Call me weird but how come long time posters on here, who know each other never refer to each other...it`s always..so & so quote...strikes me as bizarre...I also find the complete lack of humour is a bit disconcerting...are you all robots?..I shan`t expect an answer to this.. :LOL: :LOL: I will probably be exterminated..

Well Bamber Gaspipe it seems a bit "bizarre" to me to be calling people by names such as Bamber Gaspipe..!

Fair point ChrisR... my real name is Tony...it is a great pleasure to meet you....I notice that you & other` old timers` (apart from Do it all) never use Smiley`s or emoticons...do you feel that this is beneath you as an `Elder`of the site..this is a genuine question & is not meant to be offensive..I would also like to hear from other residents ie. Oilman, Olski,Kevplumb who is now a Moderator I believe...Save it JohnD you are not that interesting..

Any further advances along this route will no doubt be futile...Corgiman seems to have a spark of humanity though....... :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Well weak and feeble human I try, Had the emotion chip plugged in this morning

Now if i can stop blubbing like a girl maybe i could get some bleeding work done

that and ****ing around on this here forum ;)

They gave my Dad the power

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(runs to the hills)

Bamber gaspipe said:
Fair point ChrisR... my real name is Tony...it is a great pleasure to meet you....I notice that you & other` old timers` (apart from Do it all) never use Smiley`s or emoticons...do you feel that this is beneath you as an `Elder`of the site..this is a genuine question & is not meant to be offensive..I would also like to hear from other residents ie. Oilman, Olski,Kevplumb who is now a Moderator I believe...Save it JohnD you are not that interesting..

I can understand if you really are from the 'States that you can't understand the subtle level of communication of emotions on this side of the Atlantic. Just because people don't smile continuously, like cheshire cats,
grinning-smiley-018.gif
doesn't mean they arent happy, and just because they do, doesn't mean they aren't miserable.
sad-smiley-044.gif
As for emoticons, they are are another shallow indicator which are deceiving unless you know the writer. "Smiling viper" comes to mind.
animal-smiley-086.gif

PS kev does not like it broadcast that he's a mod, as it seems the controller has some wierd notion this information is classified :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back