PASTE OR COMPOUND?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all

ich is better for non gas sealing paste or compound? and any body recomend one? also is hawk white any good?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Jet Blue Plus for me. I've tried Water Hawk, which is similar to Hawk White I think, and it's hideous stuff

Sponsored Links
it's not for compression joints, is it?

Boss Universal!

Its especially great for using on compression fittings! Infact its all I use on compression fittings :evil:

I find 4 turns of PTFE tape round the olive, after you've seated it, makes an excellent seal.

It's also very clean on the fingers.

Look out for old-school plumbers who were trained before it ws invented, though.

I find 4 turns of PTFE tape round the olive, after you've seated it, makes an excellent seal.

It's also very clean on the fingers.

Look out for old-school plumbers who were trained before it ws invented, though.

So where did you learn to use PTFE on compression fittings, on your 6 week plumbing course.

why would I go on a 6-week plumbing course? This is a DIY site and I'm a DIYer.

If I hear a good tip, try it and it works, why wouldn't I use it?

Come back after you've tried it.

Rights that it I'm throwing away all my reels of PTFE!!!! :mad:

Loctite 55 for my threads and PASTE PASTE PASTE PASTE PASTE PASTE PASTE PASTE for my compression joints!!!!!

A bit of paste for compression is fine, Loctite 55 is excellent for threads, but PTFE on a compression joint is a no, no, JohnD you admit to been a DIYer and yet you will not except the opinion of people who do this job for a living, yes this is a DIY site, but it is supposed to be where DIYers take the advise from proffessionals, I have proved from the manufacturers in the other topic that PTFE should not be used, one of them even states that using PTFE would invalidate the guarantee of their fittings

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back