Please look if you are a professional plumber

theres not much i can add to this, but you've been done. you need comeback.

once you have your recompense theres one last thing.

kick that mofo in the balls reeeal hard.

i would suggest also, once you have your money back you maybe spend a little on a full page advert in your local paper showing these phots.

Sponsored Links
BengalLancers7812.jpg

thats a disgrace...i agree with gastel....NAME AND SHAME anywhere and everywhere u can,,,,,!! As well as going legal route...i very much doubt they will come back and rectify the bad work...they will be incapable of doing so ...!! they would have done a good job first time round if they were capable, sober, bothered or competent!!

let us know how u get on and good luck to you

My sides ,my sides, they hurt cause i'm laughing at the quality of the work.
The flue does look like its upsidedown but I do know if the flue is extended out to give more than 12" clearance below the flue to the tile you can get off with it,well you used to be able to with the suprimas. Needs more looking at to see if it can be allowed.
Bet if the OP is in a snowy area now he won't be able to see his flue.

ps does nobody use insulation on main runs anymore?

Sponsored Links
adding my name to the list of people who vote to get corgi to check the installation.
flue is wrong, no doubt about it.
it looks like at least 2 rads are piped in wrong
complete cowboy job
if you paid them by check or card, contact your bank and cancel the payment for reasons of non-delivery.
you paid for a working system, not to be put in danger.

Just to fan the flames a bit more, that notching in the loft looks very suspect....

kittedup

Your first call of action would be list all the points you are unhappy with and get the installer back and ask him to correct these. Get him to agree to the list and sign a copy for yourself.
If you have no luck then you would need to get an independant instaler to make a detailed list of work that is not legal and a list of work that is considered to be poor workmanship. From that you could send this to the installer and give one further option to correct or that you may decide to take him to small claims court.

As far as cancellation periods the details linked before are not fully correct as much has been missed out. if the quotation was sent after a visit then no cancellation period applies once the work has been completed.

Why don't you all read the doorstep selling regs? If the "plumber" hasn't done the paperwork required (and how many of you do?) he has incriminated himself, and won't have a leg to stand on..

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2008/uksi_20081816_en_1

above are the full details of the rules that apply.

There are 2 parts to doorstep selling which make a vast difference. these being unsolicitored and solicitored.

Read section 6 part 3 a and b (and those that do not apply!!)

These rules were brought about after increases in complaints about salesmen over doorstep selling of phone and utilities

this is worse than a cowboy job, must have been that guy on rogue traders, the 1 that got electrcuted by the pcb. name and shame them as mentioned

Why don't you all read the doorstep selling regs? If the "plumber" hasn't done the paperwork required (and how many of you do?) he has incriminated himself, and won't have a leg to stand on..
forget the paperwork, this "installation"is not fit for purpose.

somewhere in the first couple of pictures i noticed a case of carling see if its empty :LOL: I think I could do better if I was p sssed

insist corgi come out and follow this up, we have paid over the years for corgi to follow up this kind of carp

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back