Premier 24 Battery Fault - Reset how to?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After 6 years since new the system (Premier 24) started reporting a battery fault. As per discussions on this forum I went for a new battery (same spec etc). Plugged it in but the panel still flashes up Battery Fault.

Question is: will it reset after 24 hours (or whatever the test cycle is set to) or do I need an engineer to reset it?

I do not have an engineer's code because the company that installed it won't give it to me. Not that I am under a service contract or anything, I never will, not with them anyway.

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Enter your master code and press reset on the keypad twice that should do it unless they've set it for engineer resets only.

If that turns out to be the case you might want to think about defaulting the panel and starting again if they refuse to give you the code. However, not sure they're legally allowed to do that as you're free to contract whoever you like for servicing, you aren't obliged to stay with the installer.

No no no wait 24 hrs as the panel tests the battery every 24hrs don't reset panel as it may be engineered locked it should let you set with battery fault.

Thanks for the prompt response. Unfortunately pressing Reset twice after logging on as master did NOT reset the Battery Fault flashing up.

I don't have a problem with defaulting the system but presumably they can prevent that from resetting the codes to 1234 anyway.

I suppose I have 2 options:

1) Ask them if I can pay them £100 to programme another (my own) engineer's code.
2) Buy a new circuit board which presumably isn't messed with and has all the default codes set.

Sorry I wrote this after the last response.... I am waiting 24hours!

Sponsored Links
You can speed it up it you wish and don't have access to engineer, but have access to master code.

down power completely, power up by pressing kick start button, then when powered up turn mains on.
(Note1 external bell may ring while no power is supplied to the system).
(Note 2 pressing kick start will not default the panel, but load defaults will).

You will need to re program the time and date, but if no battery fault problem will have cleared.

You need access to engineering to do the other possibilities, such as battery test on disarm, or shorten the timer.

I am happy to report that at 22:00.34 last night the system cleared the Battery Fault.

Thank you for your collective advice!

I now start my crusade to get my own engineering code off the original installer. Ultimately I feel as they are not contractually engaged in maintaing my system (and have no responsibility for it) they have no right to lock me out of it only because they were originally engaged by the builder to install it.

OK all!

After some perseverance from a number of you helping me through it, I not only got rid of the Battery Fault but also managed to restore the Engineer Code to default.

Thank you very much! No need to threaten Careguard with legal action and abuse any longer!

I came across this in my travels...
http://www.moretonalarms.com/pdf_engineer_manuals/Premier24.pdf

Now I can try to break it by plugging in PC and GSM interface cards :)

Pc interface card?

Can you clarify if we talking about the pc com lead or the com-ip and what you want it to do.

If its the newish apps for control then the com-ip wont work for the old 24 infortunately.

Hi Hoover, that was just an loose uniformed comment. My missus set me the task of interfacing to the unit so that I can create a web interface (with passwords of course) so that she can check the access log who's been in and out and when.

Also maybe set the alarm remotely from her iPhone when her elderly father has come to visit and got confused with pressing the 'Area' button on the way out.

I haven't taken it further. I am still reeling in excitement of resetting the battery fault and getting the engineer code!

Okay the interfacing over ip you may struggle with is the panel wasn't designed to work over ip using the com-ip module originally.

You maybe able to get this to work using the ip module in a different mode and using wintex, or creating an app thats been reversed engineered.

Currently the app for the Texecom panels uses a protocol thats available by signing a NDA and is only available to companies, however the old 24 does not have that protocol available and you would have to use Wintex protocol which isn't available outside of Texecom.

Other than its a customised system which fires a keyswitch zone to arm and disarm.

Thanks Hoover. I had quick look through the documentation and with your summary of the situation I agree that me spending much more time on this would be basically a waste of time.

I am not that desperate right now to start reverse engineering IP messages and I guess if it becomes more urgent then I would go for a more modern unit which publishes an open interface (if there is such thing).

I maybe able to help if I know exactly what modules you have and what you want to achieve.

but given the panel the com-ip may work with wintex with a tweak of the settings of the com-ip module and the comport programmed as not used.

In its simplest form, to be able to "read" the status of the alarm system, particularly the log remotely.

Then if possible to be able to "set" the alarm remotely meaning like turn it off or on.

I would hook up a Unix box such as a MacMini or Raspberry Pi to do the comms with the alarm and then provide a HTTP interface to display the data via my internal network which is also accessible externally through a firewall.

So my challenge is the comms between the Unix box and the alarm interface which can be either serial or IP but I imagine it would be a lot easier to do it with ASCII serial from a debugging perspective.

Fitting a gsm unit allows you to set/ reset / unset omit zones status via a text,
A comm2400 and a phone line , a copy of wintex will allow you to phone in remotely via a PC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back