Regulations

Imaginary or not the person who could not understand how to wire those dimmer masters and slaves and then took three days to find out how is not an electrician. He or she may have worked on electrical installations putting cables in place and maybe wiring them to accessories. ( lamps, switches sockets etc ) by following instructions. That can be done by people who can follow instructions but operate without any understanding of how electric circuits work. Many of these "house bashers" advertise themselves as "electricians" even though they do not have the knowledge to design an installation or to cope with anything out of the ordinary such as master and slave dimmers.

Sponsored Links
I was waiting for that statement "get an electrician" I have drawn a circuit and sent it to the convo which proves I do no how it works thanks ! It's hard for someone with inexperience to explain curtain things over the Internet all the wires are traceable back to the ceiling rose and switches in the loft so no need for a multimeter mabe just a volt stick so if you don't want to help me stop wasting your time posting on the thread thanks

I must be getting too old to understand present-day language ... what is a "convo"?

Kind Regards, John

We've been trying to help you, for 11 pages (8+3 in the other thread) but we seem to be getting nowhere fast.

John, really? Or are you being sarcastic? Conversation

Sponsored Links
I must be getting too old to understand present-day language ... what is a "convo"?

Kind Regards, John

Convo would be short text for conversation but I have not come on her for a literature exam either

I have drawn a circuit and sent it to the convo which proves I do no how it works thanks
So you can say haow the slave controls the master via the inter link wire

and he also said:
so no need for a multimeter mabe just a volt stick
advising someone that relying on a voltstick may mean they put themselve at risk of serious electric shock, possible a fatal shock, is never a waste of time.

What to determin a live cable using a volt stick then turn the power off to the whole house test again to make sure it's not live then do whatever it is you want to do ? That's very low risk anyways like I said If you don't want to help go away from the thread thanks

I was waiting for that statement "get an electrician" I have drawn a circuit and sent it to the convo which proves I do no how it works thanks ! It's hard for someone with inexperience to explain curtain things over the Internet all the wires are traceable back to the ceiling rose and switches in the loft so no need for a multimeter mabe just a volt stick so if you don't want to help me stop wasting your time posting on the thread thanks
Okay then - if you have all the facts, all the knowledge, all the parts and all the 'testing equipment' then stop posting here and just get on with it.

I came on here for my knowledge to be looked at like the circuit I sent is it ok or is it not simple yes no would be helpful to re-assure its correct don't want all the criticism . .

We've been trying to help you, for 11 pages (8+3 in the other thread) but we seem to be getting nowhere fast.
So it seems.
Needless to say, that was my first thought, but "sending a drawing to the conversation" didn't really make much sense to me, particularly given that I do not recall having seen a drawing which "proves I do no how it works".

Kind Regards, John

So it seems.
Needless to say, that was my first thought, but "sending a drawing to the conversation" didn't really make much sense to me, particularly given that I do not recall having seen a drawing which "proves I do no how it works".

Kind Regards, John

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 159
That drawing has a 99% chance of being exactly how your lights are wired at the moment (minus the dimmers), so this entire thread is pointless

Convo would be short text for conversation but I have not come on her for a literature exam either

You mean langauge, don't you? Clarity of expression is essential in a technical subject. People on this forum come from a wide range of age and experience. If you want your postings to be fully understood by all, then it is best to use correct spelling and grammar (SPAG). There are some technical forums where moderators delete posts that do not follow this approach and request that they are resubmitted with correct SPAG. Misunderstandings can, in some fields, be fatal. Electrical work is one of them.

Edit... Does this new forum SW have spell checking? In spite of reading my post through 4 times before first posting it, I've just spotted and corrected two typos that I missed!

Last edited:
It is not there is no 3 core cable going to the other switch just 2 strappers for the old 2 way rocker switches

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back