Safety Lockout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blimey! What have I done?! Didn't mean to cause so much trouble in here.............theres a lot of testosterone about though......probably need more girls in here :LOL:

You guys have certainly be entertaining but I've given up trying to understand your tecchie speak.

ok, so the BG guy came again today. The big chief was supposed to come too and put an end to this whole sorry state of affairs, but he didn't show up. Ill apparently. tsk! So the poor guy did his best, rung the manufacturers and they said that it would only be either the PCB or the thermostat. But, they didn't have the parts in stock so, (drum roll), they're coming back tomorrow. I don't know whether to laugh or cry. I have a horrible feeling that tomorrow there'll be more excuses.............maybe I should just move? :idea:

Sponsored Links
Penster said:
Blimey! What have I done?! Didn't mean to cause so much trouble in here
Not your fault at all. It's just that guys who've nothing better to do in the evenings than sit at computers solving (unpaid!) other peoples boiler problems tend to exhibit more than their share of hang-ups - emotional problems, low self-esteem, dysfunctional behaviour, etc.

Maybe if you'd indicated your femininity at the outset (by adopting a more feminine moniker for example - "dumb-blond" or suchlike seems to get a good response) we all might have behaved a little better! I know I wouldn't have had a go at you about "mucho gracias". :oops:

Keep us posted anyway - you could run this as a regular feature for a newspaper or magazine. It should provide material for a few months at least.

chrishutt said:
we all might have behaved a little better! I know I wouldn't have had a go at you about "mucho gracias". :oops:
No problem at all, I give as good as I get :cool:

chrishutt said:
It should provide material for a few months at least.
Hey! What do you mean material for a few months? Whilst I'm not confident at this being fixed tomorrow, I hope that its not going to go on for that long - or maybe I'm just in denial?

Anyway, Halstead have said that it can only be either the PCB or the thermostat and as they're both being replaced tomorrow, it should all be fixed, right? :confused:

No offence guys, but I really don't want to know this much about boilers anymore........I just want to go back to being a dumb blonde again

Penster said:
Hey! What do you mean material for a few months?
Well, I was just joking, though I reckon it's got a good few days to run yet....

But seriously, you should write it up. You've got a nice writing style and sense of humour, plus plenty of material - it would make a good piece. "Waiting for BritGas" or something? :)

Sponsored Links
chrishutt said:
Penster said:
Maybe if you'd indicated your femininity at the outset (by adopting a more feminine moniker for example - "dumb-blond" or suchlike seems to get a good response) we all might have behaved a little better! I know I wouldn't have had a go at you about "mucho gracias". :oops:

Why :?:

With regard to tomorrow I have a feeling that will be close to the end of the saga.....butt kickings begin to hurt from the 3rd visit :!:

Penster said:
I just want to go back to being a dumb blonde again
There you are, she really is a woman. She knows how to spell blonde (feminine)

Halstead have said that it can only be either the PCB or the thermostat

Oh dear. "Only"? Hands up anyone who agrees......anyone?

and as they're both being replaced tomorrow, it should all be fixed, right?
Well there's a chance. I wish I could say good luck with honesty, but it's much more entertaining to hear of people failing to find it :evil:

"thermostat" is interesting - do they think it's overheating, and where's that leak, and if the gas pressure is still bad what about the filter...? :)

A maiden in despair is worth logging on for (that's what I do when my wife's in despair, too).

But I won't have this "hang-ups - emotional problems, low self-esteem, dysfunctional behaviour, etc. " SO unless wifey has cleaned the dried blood off the chainsaw, I'll be round to matey, with an assegai.

Ok, this is the last straw........I'm seriously angry now :evil:

The engineer was supposed to come between 10 and 12. Its now gone 12. I have just rung the call centre and after being put on hold for ages, it turns out that the engineer is on a big job and will be round later this afternoon. No time frame, nothing. So, for yet another weekend, I have to sit here and wait. Arghhh! I JUST WANT TO SCREAM!!!!!

I'll tell you what. He'd better fix or he's going to be in for an earful when he gets here.

God give me strength

Penster, do your best to be kind - being rude is likely to get his back up, and the better frame of mind he's in then the more likely a fix will emerge. Also, if he has any conscience then he'll already feel bad at not getting to you this morning. Also, he'll be working a long day on a Saturday. Also.....

My advice is avoid getting emotional until it's fixed and then lodge a complaint and/or seeking financial compensation from BG. If you want help suing them afterwards then you'll probably get plenty of help on this and/or other forums.

If I'm a dimwit - then what does that make you gas fitters? You've yet to come up with an idea between you.

joe

chrishutt said:
Poor Penster - an innocent question about her boiler and she gets 5 pages of ranting and raving! And we haven't even had softus posting (yet).

Give it time...............

softus said:
Penster, do your best to be kind - being rude is likely to get his back up, and the better frame of mind he's in then the more likely a fix will emerge. Also, if he has any conscience then he'll already feel bad at not getting to you this morning. Also, he'll be working a long day on a Saturday. Also.....

My advice is avoid getting emotional until it's fixed and then lodge a complaint and/or seeking financial compensation from BG. If you want help suing them afterwards then you'll probably get plenty of help on this and/or other forums.

There you go. Um, though this doesn't look like the real one
confused-smiley-015.gif

joe-90 said:
If I'm a dimwit - then what does that make you gas fitters? You've yet to come up with an idea between you.

joe

Not sure where you get that from joe there have been plenty of ideas in this thread, unfortunately penster has admitted that most of them are beyond her technical capabilty so she is in the hands of engineers at the scene who are struggling to find an intermittent fault, which , to be fair all of us would be as it is impossible to prove a fault which isn't there when you look at it.

ollski said:
joe-90 said:

joe

Not sure where you get that from joe there have been plenty of ideas in this thread, unfortunately penster has admitted that most of them are beyond her technical capabilty so she is in the hands of engineers at the scene who are struggling to find an intermittent fault, which , to be fair all of us would be as it is impossible to prove a fault which isn't there when you look at it.

But why am I subject to abuse for suggesting something that happened to me in real-life? Flowswitches CAN cause lockouts - cuz I've seen it.

joe

oilman said:
There you go. Um, though this doesn't look like the real one
confused-smiley-015.gif

A typical oilman posting though: pointless.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back