Shed Alarm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly there has been a spate of shed burglaries in the area lately.
Next door got done last night. Went in through the shed wall and they threw some panels into the other next door neighbours garden!

Ours is a fair bit sturdier as it also has internal OSB, but obviously the doors could be an issue despite the mortice lock and hasp and staple lock. And then of course there are the windows, albeit double glazed.

So my question is what motion detecting wireless remote alarm could I get that triggers an alarm in the house?
The fancy wi-fi/phone ones I'm not interested in as the phone is often in another room and could also be too quiet.

We have a plug in power loss alarm for the freezers, which would wake the dead!
So effectively something that would trigger off something like that remotely would be good.

Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Personally I wouldn't leave anything of value in a shed (or at least nothing I'd be too peed off about missing) and would leave it unlocked too so as to avoid a costly repair but I realise that's not always possible. If the alarm goes off will you hot foot it out there?

Personally I wouldn't leave anything of value in a shed (or at least nothing I'd be too peed off about missing) and would leave it unlocked too so as to avoid a costly repair but I realise that's not always possible. If the alarm goes off will you hot foot it out there?
Most people over my allotment don't bother locking their shed as anyone can smash into them and then you'd have to repair/replace that as well as replace any stuff that’s been pinched. We don’t bother locking our one at home either. Well, we do lock it but we leave the key in the lock!

(Criminality removed)
So thug vs thug?

What do you think that achieves?

Oh that's right, more violence!

My question was about deterrence...

And yet here you are again in a non GD forum playing the sad old troll...

One wonders how you lock onto posts by those who have shown you up to be a stupid person time and time again...

mottie the sad old embittered troll, or mottie the sad old embittered mod? ;)

Sponsored Links
Personally I wouldn't leave anything of value in a shed (or at least nothing I'd be too peed off about missing) and would leave it unlocked too so as to avoid a costly repair but I realise that's not always possible.
Do you not lock your house doors similarly?

What do you think that achieves?
I’ll tell you what I achieved. Two possibly armed young thieves ran for their lives, one with a headache after being clobbered in the act of pinching my bike. They ran away and thought 'F'ck that, we won’t go there again. I know, we'll go and help ourselves from the sheds of some wannabe middle class winkers in East Sussex. Worse case scenario there if we get caught is we'll be heavily tutted at as we leave with our loot'.

I've got some bikes chained together in the shed with a very expensive chain and squire lock, nowhere else for them to go, and its done so it meets the insurance requirements. It would be relatively easy to break into but they would have to get through all the other stuff first so that (the noise) is a deterrent in itself.

Blup

I've got some bikes chained together in the shed with a very expensive chain and squire lock, nowhere else for them to go, and its done so it meets the insurance requirements. It would be relatively easy to break into but they would have to get through all the other stuff first so that (the noise) is a deterrent in itself.

Blup
I have a similar setup in our garage at home. A high security 3m steel cable with a quality padlock threaded through 4 cycles, a power washer and a set of ladders.

Do you have power in the shed ? Fit a stand alone system that makes some noise …

I’ll tell you what I achieved. Two possibly armed young thieves ran for their lives, one with a headache after being clobbered in the act of pinching my bike. They ran away and thought 'F'ck that, we won’t go there again. I know, we'll go and help ourselves from the sheds of some wannabe middle class winkers in East Sussex. Worse case scenario there if we get caught is we'll be heavily tutted at as we leave with our loot'.
Don't live in East Sussex...

As usual the thug troll gets it wrong!

And 'possibly armed'?
And do you have proof of you showing the video to plod and them laughing about it?

Don't live in East Sussex...
Oh yes you do!
And do you have proof of you showing the video to plod and them laughing about it?
Yeah, I do actually. I’ll upload it right after you show us proof of those one-way air tickets you booked to your ‘partners’ country along with the container you booked to load all your stuff into. Deal?

Do you have power in the shed ? Fit a stand alone system that makes some noise …
Power in the shed and back up via a solar panel and battery/inverter.

I've now been looking at something like this: Link

Or with the siren part maybe placed nearer the house as it is quite a long way off?
We have a different circuit for garden sockets, and a waterproof box for the transformer connection would be possible.

Oh yes you do!
So no doubt you will provide us with
proof of that?

Of course if you did you'd be 'hunting me down', but I see no scaffold poles

You're simply full of connerie, and sadly troll those who have shown you up to be just that!
Yeah, I do actually. I’ll upload it right after you show us proof of those one-way air tickets you booked to your ‘partners’ country along with the container you booked to load all your stuff into. Deal?
Aww bless...

Swervy swervy is up to his usual again...

Now how about you stop your stalking?

Oh but you can't do that can you - because as you have proved you are on the psychotic spectrum!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back