They were all in the same boat

It seems not only Italy now, but also Greece. I presume that Spain will join the EU entry points next.

I have a suspicion that none of these Mediterranean countries are that bothered about the influx because they all know the immigrants' ultimate destination. Wasn't it our friends in France who were offering advice about how best to get to England and how to claim for everything once here?

Perhaps that's the answer. When they arrive here we could play the same game and give them some helpful advice how to continue their journey to the 'Land of Free Prescriptions and University Education'. Sturgeon would be so pleased!

Sponsored Links
It's an old pattern, though, when it comes to hating 'otherness'

I didn't set out to 'hate otherness' - otherness sought me out. Otherness came to these shores, bringing want, disease and backward, dangerous religions. Potentially allowing tens of millions of otherness into the EU/UK is both dangerous, unaffordable to the countries and taxpayers concerned, and squeezes the already low living standards of ordinary, indigenous people at the bottom of the pile.

Otherness usually takes and takes, and when it realises that it doesn't fit into a society that it doesn't understand, it often becomes disaffected and attacks those it takes from. Big trouble with 'otherness', is where do you draw the line? If you help a few million of them, is it unfair that the other hundred million aren't getting a leg-up, courtesy of the taxpayer? As usual, lefties haven't thought this through. Far better to insult than use rational thought and logic.

Nice spin - but it's not a case of hating 'otherness' for othernesses sake, as all lefties and handwringers would have you believe. If otherness stayed where it was, or fecked off back from whence it came, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

I didn't set out to 'hate otherness' - otherness sought me out. Otherness came to these shores, bringing want, disease and backward, dangerous religions. Potentially allowing tens of millions of otherness into the EU/UK is both dangerous, unaffordable to the countries and taxpayers concerned, and squeezes the already low living standards of ordinary, indigenous people at the bottom of the pile.

Otherness usually takes and takes, and when it realises that it doesn't fit into a society that it doesn't understand, it often becomes disaffected and attacks those it takes from. Big trouble with 'otherness', is where do you draw the line? If you help a few million of them, is it unfair that the other hundred million aren't getting a leg-up, courtesy of the taxpayer? As usual, lefties haven't thought this through. Far better to insult than use rational thought and logic.

Nice spin - but it's not a case of hating 'otherness' for othernesses sake, as all lefties and handwringers would have you believe. If otherness stayed where it was, or fecked off back from whence it came, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

Pure poetry 66.

Beautiful stuff. Loved it. :D

Sponsored Links
Maybe we have skills shortages, and Ethiopian goat herders, ex Somali pirates and Bedouins are in great demand in The UK jobs market. Who knows?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Maybe we have skills shortages, and Ethiopian goat herders, ex Somali pirates and Bedouins are in great demand in The UK jobs market. Who knows?

Nah, there's not much call for goat herders in the UK, and our fishing industry has been decimated by the EU. (although, last time I was in London, I did see loads of people dressed in typical Bedouin attire in Knightsbridge. Usually seen driving top of the range Ferarri's and Porsche's.. Not a camel in sight) ;) ;)

Only problem with that Micilin, is, if you take out the chief traffickers today, they'll be replaced by tomorrow. Best thing I reckon, is for the EU navies to blockade the Libyan coastline and stop them leaving in the first place.

Might be the only practical solution.

Perhaps that's the answer. When they arrive here we could play the same game and give them some helpful advice how to continue their journey to the 'Land of Free Prescriptions and University Education'. Sturgeon would be so pleased!

Too cold up here for the muzzies. :)

The Scottish Nazi Party are being very Un-Nazi with their policies and their Nazi symbol needs some work.....currently looks like a full nappy on its way to the bin....quite accurate.

On the plus side Sturgeon has the potential to be as mental as Hitler.

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Only problem with that Micilin, is, if you take out the chief traffickers today, they'll be replaced by tomorrow. Best thing I reckon, is for the EU navies to blockade the Libyan coastline and stop them leaving in the first place.

Might be the only practical solution.

Agreed. On the basis that:

The people who risk this want a better life than their own country offers.
The people who "run" that country don't want them to have the better life.
If "we" try to do anything about that, it's "regime change", patronising, imperialism, colonialism. ..
The population have to want to change things for themselves, then do it.
Trouble is, the ruling elites / religion are willing to go to ANY lengths to stop that happening.

It's an old pattern, though, when it comes to hating 'otherness'

Going from what you have just written to

'Looking on the bright side - a boat from north Africa carrying 400 went down in The Med with all on board visiting Davey Jones' locker. Result!!'

is just making my point for me.

You can't really 'spin' such gloating over deaths like that, in my view.

I find the loss of life sad; you delight in it.We have a different set of values, so not much point arguing over it.

I'd like to know what skills these refugees could possibly offer any EU country (obviously couldn't become sailors or fishermen) ;) ;)

Skills? I can't think of any, but they do provide the do-gooders with something to satisfy their consciences.

The people who risk this want a better life than their own country offers.
The people who "run" that country don't want them to have the better life.
If "we" try to do anything about that, it's "regime change", patronising, imperialism, colonialism. ..
The population have to want to change things for themselves, then do it.
Trouble is, the ruling elites / religion are willing to go to ANY lengths to stop that happening.

Another problem is that these ruling elites are funded by our foreign aid programme.

Sponsored Links
Back