Well it looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.
there were 46 million eligible voters.
And less than 17.5M of those 46M voted to leave the EU.

i.e. 38% of the electorate.

Factor in those who were denied the vote and any claims to democratic legitimacy look even more flaky.

Sponsored Links
I have learned that derogatory comments made against people because of where they were born, or now live, are racist.

I have also learned that people who try to deny that by banging on about "it can't be racism because the race is the same" must be racists themselves with a natural desire to see the word rendered invalid. But feel free to teach me again that you are one of those.

Sponsored Links
Have you learnt nothing?

I have learned that derogatory comments made against people because of where they were born, or now live, are racist.

I have also learned that people who try to deny that by banging on about "it can't be racism because the race is the same" must be racists themselves with a natural desire to see the word rendered invalid. But feel free to teach me again that you are one of those.

So in other words, no.

No one was doing that. It's clearly an error in quoting, the way it's written is a dead giveaway.
Oh.

So your defence of Brigadier is that he is a lazy, incompetent {whatever} who simply CBA to do things properly?

Where did you read that?
Not everybody has to read something for it to form an opinion of theirs.

Some people are blessed with intelligence, and reasoning ability.

But I accept that not everybody is.

What absolute nonsense you have learned.
On the contrary, some wish to preserve the severity of the word and not dilute it by making it applicable to everyone in the next village and beyond.

I refer the honourable gentleman to a former reply to a similar discussion - please substitute race for electrocute and each of the major divisions of humankind, having distinct physical characteristics for a fatal electric shock:

The thing about that question is that it ignores the fact that certainly since the times of the second two characters, and to a significant extent since the first, there have been a couple of very relevant introductions which affect the validity of the theory of evolution.

Education and dictionaries.

Once everybody is taught what existing words mean, and how they are spelled and used, and their meaning etc is documented, it becomes a lot harder to say that "wrong" is just "evolution", and much easier and valid to argue that if, for example, 'electrocute' is defined to mean a fatal electric shock then to start using it to mean a non-fatal one is simply wrong, and remains wrong no matter how many people are wrong.

In other words, yes.

Are you another racist who naturally wants to see the word fall into disuse?

Doesn't matter what I am because you'll use the term without consequence or basis anyway.

Oh.

So your defence of Brigadier is that he is a lazy, incompetent {whatever} who simply CBA to do things properly?

I'm not defending anyone as a defense isn't required. You implied he was doing something that he clearly wasn't.

Not everybody has to read something for it to form an opinion of theirs.

Some people are blessed with intelligence, and reasoning ability.

It shows real irony when you're trying to pass off your opinion as fact without basis but when questioned you don't believe it's yourself lacking intelligence.

Your opinion is your opinion but it's based on nothing beyond fabrication.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back