Well it looks like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Ah, there is that strange 'logic' again...

Only in your mind.

But you carry on believing in that 'most of the UK' fallacy if you like...

Doesn't really matter what you or I 'believe', fact of the matter is the majority of those who voted, did so in favour of 'brexit'.

No amount of ellal word salad or deflection will change that fact.

Sponsored Links
If you don't vote you don't count.

you are saying you think because 2 year olds cant vote, the system is flawed o_O

What you're suggesting is rubbish
Sammy said that those who don't vote, don't count.
That is nonsense. It is one of the reasons why MPs are elected to represent their constituents not just the voters, but all of their constituents, including those that don't or can't vote. Imagine if each time we contacted our MP they asked, "did you vote for me? If not I can't/won't help you!" Or even worse, they say, "sorry you don't count!"

Hopefully parents will vote with their childrens' future in mind. Obviously this does not extend to some grandparents.

Of course an ideal inclusive system would encompass the views of those that lose the vote also.

Therefore, if those that don't vote, and can't vote, and those that lose the vote, don't count, the system is fundamentally flawed, and will only consider the opinion of a minority at any one time. Therefore it is a system of minority rule.

You've just written an absolute pile of steaming ****, for someone who was just talking about context and the importance of it this is really laughable.

Please provide a link to the quote so that we can understand the context.

Therefore the quoted post of ellal's was either an intentional misrepresentation of ellal's opinion, or an accidental misunderstanding of the context.

Did I say their opinions don't matter or the way the government works for them?

Spoiler; no I didn't.

We were talking about the way voting works, how it's counted to form a majority result.

In one thread you complain about FPTP.

In another you show complete lack of understanding in regard to the electorate. It's pretty clear to most when someone says 'most of the UK' in reference to an electoral process it means the UK electorate.

There's a reason the entire UK population isn't lumped in with the electorate because some are too young or not eligible to vote.

If you don't vote you don't count. In other words the majority voted for brexit.

I also asked what your better alternative was and the response given was:

Of course an ideal inclusive system would encompass the views of those that lose the vote also.

So in other words, you don't have one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Therefore, if those that don't vote, and can't vote, and those that lose the vote, don't count, the system is fundamentally flawed, and will only consider the opinion of a minority at any one time. Therefore it is a system of minority rule

Thats a load of tosh.

34 million people voted in the referendum

there were 46 million eligible voters.

Far more than half voted, so hardly a minority

""Therefore, if those that don't vote, and can't vote, and those that lose the vote, don't count, the system is fundamentally flawed, and will only consider the opinion of a minority at any one time. Therefore it is minority rule""Dopple load of rubbish

Macron had caved in completely now :LOL: tax tise has been suspended indefinitely

Seems like there will be trouble in Paris over the week end the protesters want his resignation

Blokes a dip stick any way ;)

Sammy said that those who don't vote, don't count.
That is nonsense. It is one of the reasons why MPs are elected to represent their constituents not just the voters, but all of their constituents, including those that don't or can't vote. Imagine if each time we contacted our MP they asked, "did you vote for me? If not I can't/won't help you!" Or even worse, they say, "sorry you don't count!"

Hopefully parents will vote with their childrens' future in mind. Obviously this does not extend to some grandparents.

Therefore, if those that don't vote, and can't vote, and those that lose the vote, don't count, the system is fundamentally flawed, and will only consider the opinion of a minority at any one time. Therefore it is a system of minority rule.

Usual drivel from him again / wannabe ect ect ect ect :LOL:

Blimey French politicians have been on the radio

Worst case of violent protest for 50 years

The words Rebellion and insurection are being used

Rumour has it they Macron will seek a scale goat

Most French presidents do and sack the prime minister

Blimey this fruitcake pontificates about ever closer union in the EU and the dip stick cannot even sort his own country out :LOL:

Typical French :LOL: no doubt when the wat sit hits the fan they will
Seek sanctuary in the UK

Well in the spirit of entente cordial and all that caper we can tell em to go do one :LOL:

Sheds,,,no one is terrified for goodness sake
Quite the opposite impression is being given by all those vociferously opposed to a second vote. They may dress up their fear with ludicrous arguments which revolve around the idea that it is undemocratic to ask the voters what they think, because of course they dare not say that they don't want a second vote because they are kacking it.

But they are kacking it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back