Whats a good choice for a replacement boiler?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having had five service calls to my ailing Halstead Ace High without as much as a diagnosis I'm considering replacing it with a modern A rated condensing boiler. Without breaking the bank what is considered a good one? I need something in the 24kw 10+ litre a minute range.

Sponsored Links
Nothing does what you are asking!

The DHW flow rate depends on the power of the boiler and a 24 kW will only give about 9.3 li/min.

Better for you to read all the old posts here about the boilers available as well as reading the FAQs on the topic.

Tony

I know I'm asking for it, but I disagree with Tony.

A Broag (Remeha) 24c is an excellent quality boiler, with a competitive price. Fit these all the time, with very few problems. The 24c combi gives exactly 10 litres/min hot flow.

They've been doing condenser boilers for 20 years!

http://www.avantarange.com/24c.html

Chuck in a main a rated wicked boiler cheap parts good hot water and cheap coated with big brand names.end of the day it's a baxi but a cheaper I have installed many and never get a call back. :D

Sponsored Links
A Broag (Remeha) 24c is an excellent quality boiler, with a competitive price. Fit these all the time, with very few problems. The 24c combi gives exactly 10 litres/min hot flow

Yeah and you'll need to replace the main heat exchanger in a couple of years, unless your system is as clean as a nun's knickers!!!

C'mon Telly Tony get it right, your out by .7Ltr, that's nearly a whole cup full you know!!!................ ;)

Over time, boilers can wear down and become more and more unreliable, with the cost of repairs and breakdowns taking a heavy strain on the pocket of its owner.

Modern boilers are known to be more reliable and efficient, lasting longer than older models, once a boiler becomes not only inefficient, but unreliable, it is highly recommended that it is replaced.

i have fitted many different makes and models of boiler over the years and for an all round good boiler i would fit a worcester bosch boiler we have very few that fail and if they do bosch normally come out the same day .

I am not sure about the american and also the recommendation of worcester Bosch boiler,but then again after couple years you can pay the british gas insurance scam i mean scheme

Worcester highly efficient marketing pity the boiler engineering isn't as slick or thought out as the marketing department

Ah well you pay your monies and make your choice :) :)

I am not sure about the american and also the recommendation of worcester Bosch boiler,but then again after couple years you can pay the british gas insurance scam i mean scheme

Worcester highly efficient marketing pity the boiler engineering isn't as slick or thought out as the marketing department

Ah well you pay your monies and make your choice :) :)

got a bosch in my house and its never let me down.
its all about the installation .if you flush them correctly and fit a filter on then you wont have probelms with them.
we go back to very few .
when i was at the gas board we fitted thousands of them with very few problems

Thats standard practise with any boiler fitting a clean system and filters,why would you pay such high premium when there is better kit available with stainless steel heat exchangers ,weather compensation,standard five year warranty and you dont have to jump through hoops or pay worsceter extra to extend the warranty

Thats standard practise with any boiler fitting a clean system and filters,why would you pay such high premium when there is better kit available with stainless steel heat exchangers ,weather compensation,standard five year warranty and you dont have to jump through hoops or pay worsceter extra to extend the warranty

i don't personally like the weather compensation spent years taking them out at BG.
might be standard practice but very few are installed correctly in my experience.

i agree the 5 year warranty is a bit of a pain with bosch .

i would rather pay a premium and get a good boiler with good back up myself

Don't fit Worchester Tupperware Bosch, they are not the product they once were.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back