Whats a good choice for a replacement boiler?

Sponsored Links
I wont pay a premium and get better boiler,and at reasonable price with standard 5 year warranty

I am sure you are used to people having to pay extra fro everything,that is the ethos of your previous employer british gas,isn't it,me i prefer to have the 5 year warranty as standard

Delta you say it so elequently my son!!! :D :D

I wont pay a premium and get better boiler,and at reasonable price with standard 5 year warranty

I am sure you are used to people having to pay extra fro everything,that is the ethos of your previous employer british gas,isn't it,me i prefer to have the 5 year warranty as standard

Delta you say it so elequently my son!!! :D :D

5 years warranty doesn't mean its a good boiler .
Just means that after a year or so when it breaks down they will come out and says its not been fitted correctly and the warranty is void

Delta you say it so elequently my son................Ah yes, it's because of all the years of listening to the hot shot salesmen & reps......One WB rep knowingly arranged contract support for a fitter that was not even a RGI!!!
Or all the mince our chums at BG spout............... ;)

Sponsored Links
Delta you say it so elequently my son................Ah yes, it's because of all the years of listening to the hot shot salesmen & reps......One WB rep knowingly arranged contract support for a fitter that was not even a RGI!!!
Or all the mince our chums at BG spout............... ;)

you can say what you like about BG but one thing for sure is they know a lot more about boilers than you do.

what fail and what don't.
it,s all on the computer .every fan pcb pressure switch .everything so you see the stats speak for them selfs .

worcester bosch and vaillants have been the lowest failure rate boilers for many years although the vaillants quality has dropped badly in the last few years.

you tell me what,s a good boiler then .

British gas may or may not know,but this is not about the collective we are talking about your personal opinion mate

When did British gas say to you that you are their head spokesman on DIYNOT ,so please stop with all the company speel

I am PLumber and heating engineer just like yourself,apprenticeship served and getting long in toooth now and many years ago I worked for your precious British Gas ,We also subbed alot of their installs but gave that up when we got sick of hearing swings and round abouts

So just like you would have everyone believe you have an opinion whih is worth listening to then so do the rest of us

so according to your words of wisdom all the manufacturers who are now offering 5 year warranty are only doing this so they can quite cleverly say its not their fault when something goes wrong and make your warranty void

thats biggest load of nonesense i have ever seen printed and out right lie,if the install is done correctly to the Mi then why would they blame installer ,there is nothing they can pass the buck on,there is law of the land here you know called tradeing standards ,people would be up in arms

British gas may or may not know,but this is not about the collective we are talking about your personal opinion mate

When did British gas say to you that you are their head spokesman on DIYNOT ,so please stop with all the company speel

I am PLumber and heating engineer just like yourself,apprenticeship served and getting long in toooth now and many years ago I worked for your precious British Gas ,We also subbed alot of their installs but gave that up when we got sick of hearing swings and round abouts

So just like you would have everyone believe you have an opinion whih is worth listening to then so do the rest of us

so according to your words of wisdom all the manufacturers who are now offering 5 year warranty are only doing this so they can quite cleverly say its not their fault when something goes wrong and make your warranty void

thats biggest load of nonesense i have ever seen printed and out right lie,if the install is done correctly to the Mi then why would they blame installer ,there is nothing they can pass the buck on,there is law of the land here you know called tradeing standards ,people would be up in arms

like i have said in other posts most boilers are not fitted correctly this is a fact . BG and gas safe both say this.
i am not here to fight for BG but just to tell the truth as i see it (my opinion) i have been to loads of jobs were the manufacture will not cover the boiler because of installer faults (i personally have been to more that 300) i was a QAE and covered this as part of my job. also went to jobs that BG wouldn't cover as well (nearly all was installation faults)
so you may say its nonsense but i would say its fact (many years experience)

I have deliberatley left this information out ,not to be biased against any one brand in particuliar ,we fit worcester boilers who you bang on about ,but they are not a personal favourite

What we fit and recommend are two different things and as we are independant company we have the perogative to do as we please and not be told by someone what or whoes boiler we will be fitting

I have deliberatley left this information out ,not to be biased against any one brand in particuliar ,we fit worcester boilers who you bang on about ,but they are not a personal favourite

What we fit and recommend are two different things and as we are independant company we have the perogative to do as we please and not be told by someone what or whoes boiler we will be fitting

think you need to look at what you have just put ????????
you can fit what you like but you dont like worcseter bosch but you fit them .
you fit what you are told by your customer dont you ?

i am not banging on about anything . this is an open forum a place were people can speak freely and give there opinion .
i like worcester bosch boilers i have fit many hundreds of them cant see what wrong with me saying that?
i agree most boilers are not as good as they used to be.
you do not know me from adam so dont tell me what i know and what i dont .at BG we worked closely with the stats to see what boilers are good and what boilers are not something that you couldnt . This is not a dig at you this is just fact no company installs as many boilers as BG

we will fit a particuliar boiler if customer asks yes,what company in their right mind would not do this

Customer is always king,remember that and you wont go far wrong

I have personal favourite boilers ,but like i told you before we are independant so will sit down with customer and actually work out what they want and expect from their heating system,their input is valuable to us and site survey is very imprtant including ,things they need for instance a water softner which im sure your precious worcester would love connected to their boiler!!

heating engineer bg has a long and proud traddition of fitting crap;

trisave turbo, ideal turbo 2, potty envoy, baxi barcelona, baxi bahama, response, isar/icos, minimiser, energysaver, intelligent condensing combi, etc etc

and you say they know what is good and bad? Don't make me laugh ffs! :LOL:

we will fit a particuliar boiler if customer asks yes,what company in their right mind would not do this

Customer is always king,remember that and you wont go far wrong

I have personal favourite boilers ,but like i told you before we are independant so will sit down with customer and actually work out what they want and expect from their heating system,their input is valuable to us and site survey is very imprtant including ,things they need for instance a water softner which im sure your precious worcester would love connected to their boiler!!

never fitted a water softner to be honest we dont have problems with hard water here.
whats your personal favourite boiler then ?

heating engineer bg has a long and proud traddition of fitting crap;

trisave turbo, ideal turbo 2, potty envoy, baxi barcelona, baxi bahama, response, isar/icos, minimiser, energysaver, intelligent condensing combi, etc etc

and you say they know what is good and bad? Don't make me laugh ffs! :LOL:

i agree with you they have fitted many crap boilers .
They dont have a crystal ball to see what will be good in the future.
can only go on past stats .
as a business i would say bg will go with what is the best deal for them as a business as i no longer work there i am not here to back BG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back