Whats a good choice for a replacement boiler?

Sponsored Links
you can say what you like about BG but one thing for sure is they know a lot more about boilers than you do......................Sorry, I don't agree, when was the last time you fitted a gasification log boiler or electric storage boiler?? So what you stated is untrue.

The best gas boiler is the one you can best afford. Any Band A boiler will only be fitted for about 5-6 years tops, so it's too early to say.

In fact, as a large installer, I'm the wrong person to ask.

As for comments about BG, well, I will say very little about their shortcomings as this will only lead to you being banned from this forum. As they are one of the main advertisers.

you can say what you like about BG but one thing for sure is they know a lot more about boilers than you do......................Sorry, I don't agree, when was the last time you fitted a gasification log boiler or electric storage boiler?? So what you stated is untrue.

The best gas boiler is the one you can best afford. Any Band A boiler will only be fitted for about 5-6 years tops, so it's too early to say.

In fact, as a large installer, I'm the wrong person to ask.

As for comments about BG, well, I will say very little about their shortcomings as this will only lead to you being banned from this forum. As they are one of the main advertisers.

i would be banned for a comment you have made ? how does that work.

the question asked in this post is whats the best boiler to be fitted .
i have answered the question and tried to give advice but others have come on here to attack me and given no advice at all .
come on guys sort yourselfs out and give your opinion and not attack other peoples opinion

An installer in any area or location, may fit what he knows he can fix easily or what may go faulty in a couple of years, as he then has a source of work down the line & a customer database & steady work.

Commercial reasons are a big factor, we are in business after all!!

Sponsored Links
An installer in any area or location, may fit what he knows he can fix easily or what may go faulty in a couple of years, as he then has a source of work down the line & a customer database & steady work.

Commercial reasons are a big factor, we are in business after all!!

please answer the question .. is there no moderators on this forum ?
people going off topic and not answering the question asked in the first post ?

HTeng ,I never attacked you in anyway .Unfortunately you came here with the attitude of the Big I Am,just because you worked for British Gas

So what British Gas are just like any other large plumbing and heating company,yes people had alot of respect for them in the old days when they were national company and oldies like my father actually worked for the gas board and some old age [pensioners still asscoiate them with the good old days and unfortunatley some of your salesman take advantage of this

Like i said i will tailor my recommendagtion to the customers need and as i just proved to you with your blanket recommendation of the worceseter boiler,this is not correct specially if the person for instance neeeds a water softner
so if i have hurt your feelings then i am sorry,but i stand by what i have written

i would be banned for a comment you have made . Sorry, forgive me poor English..........Make derogatory comments about BG & the person making these comments will get banned. Also, the same goes for the Combustion Chamber.

HTeng ,I never attacked you in anyway .Unfortunately you came here with the attitude of the Big I Am,just because you worked for British Gas
So what British Gas are just like any other large plumbing and heating company,yes people had alot of respect for them in the old days when they were national company and oldies like my father actually worked for the gas board and some old age [pensioners still asscoiate them with the good old days and unfortunatley some of your salesman take advantage of this

Like i said i will tailor my recommendagtion to the customers need and as i just proved to you with your blanket recommendation of the worceseter boiler,this is not correct specially if the person for instance neeeds a water softner
so if i have hurt your feelings then i am sorry,but i stand by what i have written

My salesman ???
i have given my advice to a question asked my opinion . as yet you still havnt answered the question asked .
where is my attitude ? i would say its you that has an attitude .funny how when i say i worked for BG people attack me why ?
i am here to help people and give my opinion i would ask you to do the same .
Answer the question asked in the first post or dont responed but dont attack somebody when they try and help somebody .

i would be banned for a comment you have made . Sorry, forgive me poor English..........Make derogatory comments about BG & the person making these comments will get banned. Also, the same goes for the Combustion Chamber.

if i get banned i get banned there are plenty more forums to go on .
but i will give my honest opinion if i feel BG are good or bad in certain things.

but i will give my honest opinion if i feel BG are good or bad in certain things..............................That's good & well, but the point I'm making is; this forum & the Combustion Chamber is full of BG employees, that gang up & get people banned - when derogatory comments about BG are made.

but i will give my honest opinion if i feel BG are good or bad in certain things..............................That's good & well, but the point I'm making is; this forum & the Combustion Chamber is full of BG employees, that gang up & get people banned - when derogatory comments about BG are made.

i will speak the truth as i see it .i am not always right but i will try my best to advise people correctly.
as for what others say at BG i dont know but i will always speak the truth as i see it.
BG is a good company in my opinion and i would still be there now but i do not want to work the hours i have in the past and want to spend more time at home with my son .i have a big reason for this but i am not going into this on this forum.

Thanks

Thanks for all the suggestions so far... I'm being guided towards a Rehema Avanta 39c ..largely because of the stainless internals and the good DHW rate. Anyone got experience of these, reliable or not?. I've also been advised that Rehema can be difficult over warranty issues.. any truth in this?

There are always going to be difference of opinion on what boiler to go for, but in my experience I would be suggesting to you the Worcester 25si or the 30si. Good reliable boilers, never have any problems (when installed correctly) and with excellent backup service from Worcester. 5 yr warranty not a problem. But check out the write ups on different models and ask friends and work colleagues. Recommendations always help.

There are always going to be difference of opinion on what boiler to go for, but in my experience I would be suggesting to you the Worcester 25si or the 30si. Good reliable boilers, never have any problems (when installed correctly) and with excellent backup service from Worcester. 5 yr warranty not a problem. But check out the write ups on different models and ask friends and work colleagues. Recommendations always help.

His chosen boiler has probably had it's first annual service by now! ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back