British Jewish women trapped

Disproven.

If you think you can prove that the article supports JBR's allegation that they "make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices," please feel free to try.

Sponsored Links

returning to the subject, it's a shame that people feel so dominated by the antiquated religious rules of their community.

If you're Jewish, you're not supposed to eat pork. If you're Muslim, you're not supposed to drink alcohol. If you're Catholic, you're not supposed to use contraception.

It's very noticeable that apart from a few backward parts of the world, the majority of Catholics who are not priests have discarded an outdated and unhelpful religious law.

Sponsored Links
It's very noticeable that apart from a few backward parts of the world, the majority of Catholics who are not priests have discarded an outdated and unhelpful religious law.
It's a pity that Governments throughout the world cannot discard all the various outdated and unhelpful religious laws but then ... that would, of course, negate the purpose of their invention.

It is the fault of the people for being so simple and believing what they are told.

Oh, and there are one or two that have been discarded by priests.

Disproven.

If you think you can prove that the article supports JBR's allegation that they "make regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices," please feel free to try.

So it doesn't matter if it's true or not, the point you're arguing is just whether that particular article supports that claim or not?

It's a strawman, cos JBR's claim wasn't based on that article.

Handyjack posted the article after I asked:

"Have you seen religionists campaigning for the abolition of the National Lottery, or the prohibition of alcohol? Has someone asked your wife to wear a burkha? What regular demands have you received?"

Dextraneous claimed the article supported JBRs allegation.

I pointed out that it didn't.

You are calling Dextraneous and Handyjack straw men.

Disproven.

Regarding the Lottery...

"What does Islam says about National Lottery?

Lottery is a form of gambling and as such is haram in Islam. All forms of gambling: staking money on card games; horse racing; gambling machines etc. are all forbidden in Islam. Our beloved Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was against any form of gambling. All the companions of prophet (SAW) against any form of gambling. The four jurists declare that any form of gambling is strictly prohibited, and whomever gamble in any way are committing a major sin."

Regarding alcohol....

"We cannot live among the non-Muslims and see this evil take place.’
He told those gathered it was his wish that Sharia law, banning alcohol, should be enforced in Britain."

Just a few demands taken from the muslim manifesto......

1 - Defend the right to a Muslim way of life, including halal meat; religious clothing; circumcision; and flexible working to accommodate Ramadan and festival observance.
(Sharia demand)

2 - Affirm the importance of faith schools within the overall provision.
( Demand for the Islamic indoctrination of children)

3 - Significantly improve health and well-being in Muslim communities.
(Jizyah - The demand to get non-Muslim tax-payers to provide special or extraordinary benefits for the Muslim community)

4 - Reduce higher than average unemployment in Muslim communities.
(Blame shifting - This demand implies that the problems in the Muslim community are the fault or responsibility of the government)

5 - Boost secular educational attainment of Muslims in Britain.
(Blame shifting - This demand implies that the problems in the Muslim community are the fault or responsibility of the government)

6 - Recognize Muslims have a distinct ‘way of life’ (deen) which opposes any understanding of religion or faith as separate from other aspects of life.
(Sharia demand)

This is getting boring.

Perhaps JD has stumbled on a new tactic. Rather than get the mods to close a thread, he intends to bore us to death in the hope that we'll go away. :LOL:

Norcon

Do you assert that each of those represents "regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices?"

For example, I am opposed to gambling, I do not perform it myself, and I do not encourage others to do it. I see no reason why observant Muslims should not do the same.

Members of the Salvation Army are supposed to refrain from drinking alcohol, as are Methodists. Good luck to them.

I have no objection to Muslims seeking to improve the health of their community, for example by eating less and exercising more. Do you?

I know some Christians who take Sundays off work, and some Jews who take Saturdays off. Is that wrong?

I know some people who send their children to Catholic schools, where they are compelled to study Scripture Knowledge to GCSE, and are indoctrinated in that faith.

"Do you assert that each of those represents "regular demands on the rest of us to change our own practices?"

Yes I do.
Those demands are being made every day on non muslims in this country.
Either by stealth or violent means or in some other way.

Yes I do.

Then you are talking nonsense.

No Muslim has ever attempted to dissuade me from gambling or drinking, never mind "regularly."

No Muslim has ever encouraged me to eat less and exercise more.

How about you?

Yes I do.

Then you are talking nonsense.

No Muslim has ever attempted to dissuade me from gambling or drinking, never mind "regularly."

No Muslim has ever encouraged me to eat less and exercise more.

How about you?

The world is bigger than your little cotton wool wrapped enclosure.
Try getting out into it some time.

Are you a muslim?

• Thanks
Reactions: JBR
Sponsored Links
Back