Recent content by stevepbuk

  1. S

    Melamine edging repair

    Thank you appreciate your suggestion. I will look into that. Kind regards Steve
  2. S

    Melamine edging repair

    Hi I noticed the edging from one of the boards in my fitted wardrobes was a bit loose. I read online that you need to iron them back on at medium heat with no steam. I did this and disaster, they shrank. Any idea of how I can repair this. The melamine wraps around the front so I don't think I...
  3. S

    Conifers browning

    I suspected that too, but it appears to be growing new shoots which I wouldnt expect in that scenario.
  4. S

    Conifers browning

    Actually I take that back. Just pulled a photo from 2 years ago and they look pretty much identical. What is the best way of trying to sort this. I know connifers wont grow back from browning but there are shoots that are actively growing. Shall I cut all the browning branches off. Will...
  5. S

    Conifers browning

    I think its been a more gradual thing over the years rather than a one off event. It definitely started a few years ago though. They still seem to be progressively getting worse year on year.
  6. S

    Conifers browning

    Hi, Can anyone help me understand whats going on with my Conifers. It started about 3 years ago when I noticed they were starting to go brown from the bottom branches. I presumed its because I had cut them back too far that year so since then I have been a lot more careful, however it still...
  7. S

    Workbench scratches

    Thanks to all for your responses. I've ordered black and graphite colorfill as couldnt work out which one would be best. I've got the offcuts of the worktops in my garage so will cut into them and try to see which one is best. Cheers Steve
  8. S

    Workbench scratches

    Hi My son has just done some baking and used a knife on the kitchen workbench which is black textured MDF ( wood like theme ). There are a few scratches, non of which are deep, you can barely just feel them when running your finger over. Anyone know what the best way of removing these, or...
  9. S

    Strange marks on kitchen ceiling

    Hi, I have noticed some strange marks on the kitchen ceiling. They are next to the front door. Above them pretty much directly is a joist that runs long them. My initial thoughts was the shower above was leaking, buts it dry and no signs of wet marks under it ( its raised above the floor so...
  10. S

    Heat pump query

    Hi, Just after some advice. Im considering purchasing a new tumble dryer and am looking at heat pumps as a possibility. I want to keep this in a garage. The garage is connected to the house, is of double bricked construction and has insulation between the two walls. The garage door is a...
  11. S

    Shower waste insert

    Hi, The shower waste insert/plug has become damaged and I am in need of a new one. However, I cant seem to find a one of the correct size and was wondering if anyone can help. The plug hole measures 46mm from side to side ( Shower2.jpg ). From the surface of the shower hole to the bottom is...
  12. S

    Insulation around a 6mm cooker electric cable

    Thanks for your reply. about 3 meters. Ive had the floor up to have a closer examination and there is enough slack in the cable to raise it closer to the top of the joist. I can then put the insulation below it ( as its only 10 cm ) and have the cable above the insulation not touching it...
  13. S

    Insulation around a 6mm cooker electric cable

    Hi, I want to put some sound insulation between the ground and first floor to try and reduce the passage of noise between a living room and bedroom. One of my concerns is that along one of the joists runs the cable to feed the electric cooker. This is a 6mm cable. Has anyone any ideas on how...
  14. S

    Insulation around a 6mm Oven cable

    Hi, I want to put some sound insulation between the ground and first floor to try and reduce the passage of noise between a living room and bedroom. One of my concerns is that along one of the joists runs the cable to feed the electric cooker. This is a 6mm cable. Has anyone any ideas on how...
Back
Top