£100 note.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Someone just paid me with a Scottish £100 note! I never knew such things existed. When I put it in my wallet the b***dy thing is so big it sticks out of the top.

Sponsored Links
You've been done, mate. Send it to me and I'll destroy it for you.....

luvly jubly...

100.jpg

Sponsored Links
Reminds me of time I ended up with a forged tenner :evil:

Left it in the ashtray compartment in my van and forgot about it. One day some little toerag broke in and nicked a few things including the dodgy tenner.

Brought a smile to my face the thought of him getting into sh*t trying to use it :LOL:

hermes said:
Someone just paid me with a Scottish £100 note! I never knew such things existed. When I put it in my wallet the b***dy thing is so big it sticks out of the top.

hold it up to the light if you see letters " Monoply" you may have been conned ;)

If I was going to be a forger, I would forge Scottish banknotes as no-one really knows what they look like, but do know that they have to take them.

johnny_t said:
If I was going to be a forger, I would forge Scottish banknotes as no-one really knows what they look like, but do know that they have to take them.

Who is they?

If you mean shops, they do not have to take anything off you that they don't want. They don't have to sell you anything - and can boot you off their premises if they want. Same way they are not obliged to sell you something at a certain price even if it is priced wrong - it's their property they can do whatever they want with it.

If you mean banks, then yeah. lol.

Maybe not 'have to' then, but I have spent hundreds of Scottish Banknotes in Enlgish shops and pubs and whilst there may be a moment's flickering reticence, a roll of the eyes, a loud sigh, possibly even a 'tut', never once have I been sent away to spend my funny foreign money elsewhere.

someone once passed off a forged scottish note in our shop. when i came to prepare the banking, i sealed said note inside a £1000 envelope :rolleyes: so nobody would discover it at the cash office, and our branch would not be given a £10 short :LOL: They only open those envelopes at the bank.

notb665 said:
johnny_t said:

Who is they?

If you mean shops, they do not have to take anything off you that they don't want. They don't have to sell you anything - and can boot you off their premises if they want. Same way they are not obliged to sell you something at a certain price even if it is priced wrong - it's their property they can do whatever they want with it.

English Banks don't have to take them either.......

From Bank of England Site

Are Scottish & Northern Irish notes legal tender?

In short ‘No’ these notes are not legal tender; only Bank of England notes are legal tender but only in England and Wales.
The term legal tender does not in itself govern the acceptability of banknotes in transactions. Whether or not notes have legal tender status, their acceptability as a means of payment is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved.

salem2000 said:
notb665 said:
johnny_t said:

Who is they?

English Banks don't have to take them either.......

From Bank of England Site

Are Scottish & Northern Irish notes legal tender?

In short ‘No’ these notes are not legal tender; only Bank of England notes are legal tender but only in England and Wales.
The term legal tender does not in itself govern the acceptability of banknotes in transactions. Whether or not notes have legal tender status, their acceptability as a means of payment is essentially a matter for agreement between the parties involved.

Yeah. Didn't someone once write a cheque on the side of a cow?

our money was looking good:)
The Bermudian 5 shilling tanner pound and five pound notes were a thing of beauty a veritable work of art :) i personally would take golden guineas or silver thrupences or sixpences shilling florins half crown or crowns off your hands if you have them cluttering up the house *~/:)

Jamaica had some tuppennies that i thought were a hog penny until i realized it :)

38 years ago the banks caught some poor bloke making his own florins up in Scotland:) he was rather adept at it and was making two of them a day :) for some reason i have to admire an enterprising highlander who gave as good as he got....then again i always like the Robinhood story :)and Guy Fawkes...

Wasn't there a case once (I think in the '60s Italy ???) where authorities were mystified by the huge demand for one denomination of coin, and the apparent lack of them in circulation?

They were made of aluminium, and had a face value less than the intrinsic, and in a novel reversal of forgery, gangs were melting down real coins to make ingots....

Some people here are doing that with 1p and 2ps to send to China for scrap copper.

Only problem is they ain't made from copper anymore (only plated)...

Sponsored Links
Back