£1300

I hope that you found my replies useful.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I would still compare your BIL price against others.

At my local Plumb Center, I still buy boilers cheaper than the employess can get them, even with their staff discount.

Oilman,

Why is there a need to get on my case over the wording in my reply to some queries on the topic. In your eyes it may be a silly and innacurate statement but it was meant as merely a statement of facts as to why I was sourcing parts myself.

If you were accurate in your statements, I wouldn't have "got on your case", but since you are persisting I will reply. Getting parts from someone other than your brother-in-law would not be criminal. You can get the parts from wherever you like, but why not be straight about it instead of using spurious reasoning?

This is a DIY forum, not a board for DIYers to ask questions of professionals. The fact that diyers are able to get information for FREE from people who make a living out of doing things for people, and make nothing out of answering questions here, is lucky for them. There are paid-for advice forums where you could expect to get only replies that you consider pertinent, but since you chose the free route, some may be otherwise. :idea: You could use the "ignore" button of course.

I trust you feel better after your rant.

Sponsored Links
Oilman,

Why is there a need to get on my case over the wording in my reply to some queries on the topic. In your eyes it may be a silly and innacurate statement but it was meant as merely a statement of facts as to why I was sourcing parts myself.
Getting parts from someone other than your brother-in-law would not be criminal. You can get the parts from wherever you like, but why not be straight about it instead of using spurious reasoning?

I was dying of thirst earlier today. I could have murdered a drink. I flew down to the shop to buy a can of coke, and I inhaled the contents.

Well, actually, if I'm being honest I wasn't technically dying, it is actually impossible to murder a drink, I am in reality unable to fly, and I actually drank the contents of the coke can quickly. I didn't inhale them.

I do apologise.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back