Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Weekly amount per child for free school meal parcels during lock down

)13.25p
The cost of
Pressed gammon and leek terrine with pickled white cabbage
Green pepercorn Mayo and sourdough toast starter

chargrilled rib eye steak with thick cut chips tomato mushroom and bearnaise sauce

plus prune orange and Armagnac bread and butter pudding

subsidised members dining room at House of Commons

Sponsored Links
I would happily pay double that off my taxes if the food was decent and politicians didn't get a say about the catering contractors.

Weekly amount per child for free school meal parcels during lock down

)13.25p
The cost of
Pressed gammon and leek terrine with pickled white cabbage
Green pepercorn Mayo and sourdough toast starter

chargrilled rib eye steak with thick cut chips tomato mushroom and bearnaise sauce

plus prune orange and Armagnac bread and butter pudding

subsidised members dining room at House of Commons

The bars in the Commons (can't remember how many there are or were) were subsidised to the extent they were cheaper than any northern working mans club, and they stayed open as long as Parliament sat, an all night sitting meant the bars stayed open all night. Nice perks.

I see that overweight older men are most at risk of severe Covid.

the children of the poor are much more likely to survive.

I wonder what Ian (Duncan) Smith weighs.

Sponsored Links
I see that overweight older men are most at risk of severe Covid.

the children of the poor are much more likely to survive.

I wonder what Ian (Duncan) Smith weighs.

best you shed a few pounds than :mrgreen:

Aren't the footballers who are being paid £29,000 per day helping the kids out nowadays?

It's the parents responsibility, not the government's.

Thats true.
Parents have a responsibility to feed their children

But:
Government has a responsibility to create a society where parents can do that.

This government doesn't do that.

"The Joseph Rowntree Foundation said that while paid employment reduces the risk of poverty, about 56% of people living in poverty in 2018 were in a household where at least one person had a job, compared with 39% 20 years ago.

Seven in 10 children in poverty are now in a working family, the charity’s annual UK poverty report found."

This government doesn't do that.
I agree.
A life on benefits getting everything paid for is the default preferred option for many, and it should not be. Perhaps if the government removed/reduced benefits, people may start to fend for themselves. A bit like when you're self employed, no work no pay.

Perhaps if the government removed/reduced benefits, people may start to fend for themselves.
I'm sure Smith would agree that the permanently incapacitated should stand on their own two, I mean one, feet, or at least their crutches and wheelchairs, instead of demanding government handouts as if they were partially-retired MoT testers.

And why should the hungry children of the poor not rent themselves out to chimney sweeps or boot-polish makers?

The government made a good start by failing to pay 5,000 disabled people before they died, didn't they?
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2020/jan/16/people-died-benefits-error

They should all be picking fruit or washing cars.

4000.jpg

I'm sure Smith woulds agree that the permanently incapacatitated should stand on their own two, I mean one, feet, or at least their crutches and wheelchairs, instead of demanding government handouts as if they were partially-retired MoT testers.

And why should the hungry children of the poor not rent themselves out to chimney sweeps or boot-polish makers?

Because its racist and there is no need for aggression

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back