£465 million a year!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The boss of bet365 has just revealed her pay for last year.
More than every FTSE 100 company boss COMBINED!

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Smoking & Alcohol advertising/sponsorship is banned. How long until gambling goes the same way?

Smoking & Alcohol advertising/sponsorship is banned. How long until gambling goes the same way?

Gambling machines and online gambling are designed to be psychologically addictive.

A funny thing about Consumer Protection is that it is targeted at things that affect the ruling classes.

If you have £100,000 in a bank and it goes bust, you have protection.

If your pension scheme collapses, you have protection.

If you buy a new car and it is a lemon, you have protection.

If you make an investment with bad professional advice, you have protection.

If you were a billionaire lloyds name, you got bailed out.

If you are a mug punter and tip your meagre resources down the drain, tough luck.

Which of these risks is likely to affect Boris Johnson and his ilk?

Who is more likely to be a Tory donor? The mug punter? Or the boss of the gambling company?

Grand a second! When the fun stops,stop.
The actual amount of her earnings per second is £14.78 per second and £886.80 per minute and £53,208 per hour and £1,276,992 per day and £8,938,944 per week

the way i look at it, is that she's earnt her money, its her business, if people dont like how much she earns then they shouldnt gamble, the odds are always in the houses favour, otherwise it wouldn't be profitable.

A profit made on the backs of millions of people who cannot help themselves and live in misery. I have never felt the urge to waste money on betting, because I know the odds are against me.
Gambling can be an addiction but am not sure how common though

Last edited by a moderator:
Judging by the amount of eye watering sponsorship costs, advertising, ease of online accounts & profits made ....... very common I’d say.

Let's be honest, lots of people partake in things one might refer to as vices e.g. gambling, drinking, smoking. Putting the advertising aspect aside, if any of these were banned outright all that would happen is driving the activity underground, in the case of gambling even more so than parts of it already are.

Looking at the family backstory, she further expanded the business her dad had started and to an extent took her own gamble by mortgaging betting shops he owned to build the Bet365 brand. It paid off, in a big way, however could equally have failed. I think she's also known to pay all or indeed much of the tax she's liable for. So you can imagine how much that'll be.

I say good luck to her, actually I say good luck to anyone that succeeds in building a business, as long as the activity isn't illegal.

Do some people have problems / an addiction to gambling? Yes. As do people with drinking alcohol and smoking. Should that correlate to an outright ban? Not in my opinion. Many people manage their gambling activities perfectly well, setting limits and/or just having the occasional flutter.

If I started a business today that grew exponentially and x years from now I was taking a £500 million annual salary from it, as long as the business activity was legal, I wouldn't feel guilty in the least and would sleep like the proverbial baby.

Sponsored Links
Back