½" to 15mm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
will the old ½ inch pipe, compression fitting nut & olive fit straight on to ( in to) a new 15mm compression equal tee.
or do I have to get a female 15mm to ½ coupler and if so will the old compression nut fit the threads of the new coupler,
this is the old stop cock compression nut that I would like to reuse.

Sponsored Links
If I have read your post correctly, You wont to reuse the old nut and olive that is still on the old half inch tube were you have removed the old stop tap, and fit a new tee, if so then the answer is no, the old stop tap nut will probably have a fine thead, and the new tee will be half inch bsp

dam, I've got about 20mm of old ½ inch that's sweated into the lead mains and I think after all these years I'll have to cut the ½" pipe
to get the olive off, and I was going to change it live,

thanks for your posts

anyone know if the ( I think it was ) 200ml pipe freeze tins for up to 15mm will freeze this stub or the lead mains. (on screwfix)

Sponsored Links
Get yourself a turnkey and shut it off in the street. If you try and freeze it and the plug melts or shifts while you are working on it you are in for a soaking.

Mike

Why dont you tell us the full story in the first place?
Why do you want to change the stop cock?
If it wont turn off fully because the washer as gone, then turn it off as best you can and fit a new second stop tap above it

seal on the stem has gone, it will not tighten down anymore so it leaks
need to run 2 new feed from this while my trench is open on my under pin
the old pipe runs in a duct just under the kitchen floor as the floor will
be coming out (in about 2 years) i'm going to run the new pipes out side,
old pipe is tee'd off under floor, one to k'sink then it goes on to the back
door there it comes up against the wall behind stud work and goes up
the wall to the loft to feed the header tank, I have this black plastic pipe exposed from the trench so I will joint to this here with the new and cap the flow end from the sink side.
the other feed will go through the duct I put in and connect under the sink
at a later date.
looks like my only other option is to cut the lead and join to it in plastic.

there will be outside.

been living here 20 odd years and not found other, this one is just outside
the kitchen wall so really its down to the water board to change
but I need to get on with my under pin so I would like to change this
tuesday morning.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back