½" to 15mm

Sponsored Links
tried that but its not a major leak only a dribble so they'll have someone here as soon as they can, I'm running out of waiting time,
I finish for xmas Monday and I'd like to finish the under pin on the 24th then start the new sewer on the 26th. and start the storm
drains by the 1st. and be back filled by the 5th.

Best to get a plumber in mate take him 20 mins no disasters and about £50 tops. Can you not leave the existing one in and fit a new one above it? :)

Have you tried re-packing the gland on the existing stopcock?

Adding a few turns of rolled up PTFE tape under the gland nut usually adds enough 'compressibility' to seal the gland.

I've successfully re-packed a stopcock gland with a bit of string coated in candle wax. Maybe not ideal, but it worked, and probably a healthier option than the graphite and loose asbestos fibre mix we used to pack steam valve glands with :eek:

Sponsored Links
Have you tried re-packing the gland on the existing stopcock?

Adding a few turns of rolled up PTFE tape under the gland nut usually adds enough 'compressibility' to seal the gland.

:

sounds good to me, thanks.

thanks TicklyT the PTFE tape under the nut worked a treat.
used a 200ml tin of Artic Spray, on the box it say's for 8 to 15mm but on the instruction inside it also does 22mm,
it worked a treat on the old lead pipe and lasted an hour.
all fixed and fitted now and no leaks. :eek:

thank you to all for your replies,

marshman.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back