1.0 corsa

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My daughters 52 plate corsa 3 potter, refused to start (missing), nearly starting but can't quite get running, if you understand what i'm trying to say.

Ive changed the ignition bar power pack, for a similar one, but no change, can someone please tell me where to head next, thanks.

Sponsored Links
If you've been cranking the engine for a while, it may be flooded - so plugs out, see if they are wet with fuel and dry them if they are....and try again.
John :)

Yeah cheers john,done the plugs etc, it's a corsa c someone mentioned chain tensioner? throwing the timing out.

Why could it not be the crank sensor? thanks john, lost the plot with cars today.

Were the plugs wet?

With the plugs sitting on the alloy of the cylinder head and with all wires connected, have you got a spark at the plugs when you hit the key for a start?

This will eliminate the crankshaft sensor.

just be careful, petrol is highly flammable, so don't be in a confined space with no method to extinguish a flame.

Did it stop, or did you stop it? If you stopped it with the key, highly unlikely it slipped the timing.

Sponsored Links
Wet plugs, all sparking (thanks)

Daughter was reversing up the path then it stalled/shutdown, I was there.

common issues with this are maf, coolant temperature sensor and idle control valve/stepper motor.
I would expect the engine to start though, worth checking the wiring to the cts first is as the connections are crap.
you can also disconnect the maf sensor, if the car kicks into life then its a sign its gone.
Stepper motor is a bit tricky but a very common issue, usually the engine runs but wont idle properly.
Are you 100% sure it has fuel?

Had a few wannabe mechanics have a look,plenty petrol, i believe the coolant temp sensor only affects a warm engine???
Looks like i'm gonna have to get the spanners out again after retirement, where are the timing marks on the one litre?Well spark and fuel are present so should at least fire,what's it like to do a chain swop on these?
Getting a similar reading on compresion test, all three pots reading 10/11 on tester.
I don't know how to test or even where the stepper motor is or the MAF sensor is.

Can it be put on a comp without the car running? supposedly been done local and come up clean.
Can someone tell me is a pedal test okay? if you understand what one is.

No

This thread looks at a remapped ECU (for more power) and that data was not lost. So I cant see how the original manufacturers data would get lost.

http://www.corsa-c.co.uk/forum/archive/index.php/t-191037.html

We usually disconnect the battery to reset any variables that might be throwing up a fault code. Never heard of it wiping the memory, before now.

If you obtain another ECU with the same engine code it will just plug in and go. A good breaker will have one.

hi mursal, thanks for your reply.

Been to vauxhall and a mechanic there also said he'd never heard of the memory being wiped cos of a dodgy battery.The only time you need you your"pass code"from vauxhall is when new.

Anyway, gets a call off the garage the car is running BUT........ we've had to time the car up! What's all that about????

The timing had slipped so this "code" that vauxhall has never heard of was not needed? do you agree? Anyway wants £160 for getting it running, then another £180 if i have a new chain fitted.
Told him i'm not happy, told him what vauxhall said.
I said your giving me a car back for £160 that will breakdown again?, and i have to pay for something that i don't believe was needed? Well he said get your key out of the office and just go and don't come back, does that sound sus to you????

So much for recomendations from a friend.

P.S. tells me i'm lucky the valves haven't bent, when they don't on this engine.

Sponsored Links
Back